when we don't want to count calories

Options
Right now I'm trying something different, and for those of you who are doing the same, just an FYI that I posted in the suggestions forum this:

"It'd be nice if in the food columns, that we had the option for a column for #of fruit servings a day, #of vegetable servings, #of protein servings (not how much protein, but how many servings), #of nuts/seed servings, #of dairy servings, #of fats/oils, #of extras like sugary stuff, etc. "

Seems like this would be great for those of us who want to try doing this without counting calories anymore, but who still benefit from the site. We still benefit from the support, the boards, the ability to keep track of progress, etc.

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I like this idea.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Great for everyone but especially for Diabetics.
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    That's a nice idea for a bit of a change
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I like that idea, I track that on my own, it would be nice to have it here.
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking that this morning! i'm trying to maintain but still getting really caught up in the numbers. I'd like to log my food so that I don't start grazing and eating food without realising, but I really don't want to see the calories all the time. I hate when I go in to the red but at my weight and activity level, I don't think I need to worry too much about having an extra apple or whatever, but seeing those big red numbers makes me worry and put it back!
  • MicheleMauldin
    Options
    There is an iPhone app called Servings that does just that. I was using it before I started using MFP and will probably go back to it when I need to take a break from counting every calorie or when I reach my goal.