Need positive people around for support this is my 3rd attempt I want to lose 3 stone by March.

Options
I unfortunately do not have much support from family and friends but I'm very motivated.

Replies

• lrubio2016
    lrubio2016 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Set your mind to it. I know it's hard when you try it alone. Try to find someone who is willing to go out and do it with you.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    March of what year?

It's great that you are getting started. That's the first step. Just take your time, log your food, and the weight will come off eventually. Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Your goal is completely unreasonable. You would be lucky to lose 7 pounds by March.

Instead of setting unrealistic goals, failing to reach them, quitting, and strting again, set a goal of a pound a week and stick with it.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    You're just starting out, so you'll probably lose quite a bit in the first week, but losing 10 pounds in February would be an awesome beginning, wouldn't it? If you set yourself up for failure with an impossible goal, you're much more likely to give up if you don't meet it.
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    elladias31 wrote: »
    I unfortunately do not have much support from family and friends but I'm very motivated.

You may be very motivated, but unfortunately I don't think it's possible to lose 42 lbs in a month, barring some type of illness.

Someone else said it better than I did: weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint. You can absolutely resolve to lose the weight... but the best way to set yourself up for failure is to put a time limit on it.
  • kissedbythesunshine
    Options
    You're just starting out, so you'll probably lose quite a bit in the first week, but losing 10 pounds in February would be an awesome beginning, wouldn't it? If you set yourself up for failure with an impossible goal, you're much more likely to give up if you don't meet it.

I agree with this. Maybe shoot for 8-10lbs. Whatever you lose, rather its 2lbs is better than where you started. Try to look at things that way. Otherwise as others have stated, you're just setting yourself up for failure.

Good luck.
  • bonneboo
    bonneboo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I understand you, its really hard to do it alone. I'm not a good candidate to add as a partner on here because I dont participate. I come on this board maybe once a month. Like they have told you, small goals - a pound a week! Much success to you. You can do it if you support you - and dont look for it from those who are not willing to give it.