Tired of it all

Options
I just want to quit. I've lost my motivation. I've been see-sawing with the same 5 pounds ever since I started this a month ago. It's one of those days where I don't even know why I bother. Thanks for listening. Just needed to get this off my chest.

Replies

• Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Nothing worth having comes easy. This is all part of the process, the loss of motivation and all of these feelings. I hope you don't give up because I know if you give yourself a chance and work towards your goals you will not be regretful.
  • faransaberi
    faransaberi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your feelings! Keep going, love! All the best :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It goes that way sometimes. But the only hope you have of ever succeeding is not to quit.
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. It's not easy but it's trying.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    weight loss takes time and you just have to be patient.are you using a food scale to weigh your food? not saying you have to but for me that made a BIG difference when it came to weight loss. I was having the same issue you were. come to find out one of my meds was causing me to retain a lot of water and was messing with my hormones.I stopped taking it(for other reasons as well) and I have lost all the *yo-yo* pounds(as I call them),except for like 0.2 lb.do you have any health issues that can make losing weight harder?
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    khk2010 wrote: »
    Hang in there. It's not easy but it's trying.

worth trying
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    You only fail when you give up. Yes this is hard work, but it's worth it, you are worth it. You matter and your health matters. Keep pushing forward. Learn to love yourself and good things will happen.
  • dabry05
    dabry05 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have had months where I feel like I've lost nothing, only to come out the other side with results. Trust the process, minimize cheat days in the beginning (I did once a month, now I do 2x a month). I can't speak for everyone, but I've lost 91 pounds in the last 9 months and I feel amazing. I didn't think I could do this, it's hard but it's worth doing for your health and for your self image. :smile:

Definitely get a physical if you haven't had one in the last year, it's a good idea to get looked at before undertaking any weight loss program.
  • mekaerwin
    mekaerwin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I
    I just want to quit. I've lost my motivation. I've been see-sawing with the same 5 pounds ever since I started this a month ago. It's one of those days where I don't even know why I bother. Thanks for listening. Just needed to get this off my chest.

I started about a month ago, as well. My weight is staying approximately the exact same though. I'm getting very fit though. My muscles are showing with nice firmness, however I hate what I see when I get on the scales. I'm thinking that I need to stop eating all of the calories that I burn. I'm going to give that a shot and see what happens from there. Maybe we can figure something out together? Do you have any better ideas? Don't give up, just try to play with their system until you're satisfied. It's the system's fault, not yours!:)
  • riverspirit63
    riverspirit63 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    mekaerwin wrote: »
    I

I started about a month ago, as well. My weight is staying approximately the exact same though. I'm getting very fit though. My muscles are showing with nice firmness, however I hate what I see when I get on the scales. I'm thinking that I need to stop eating all of the calories that I burn. I'm going to give that a shot and see what happens from there. Maybe we can figure something out together? Do you have any better ideas? Don't give up, just try to play with their system until you're satisfied. It's the system's fault, not yours!:)

On the plus side, I have a definite increase in my stamina and endurance, so there is that. My clothes fit a bit better as well. I need to keep reminding myself that even though my weight may not show an "improvement," I have improved in other ways.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Oh Riverspirit...don't quit. It is not easy and it is not always fun but it is necessary. We need to be healthy and strong so we can function day to day. One smart choice, one extra step is all it takes to keep moving forward. I did not want to go on this ride but a heart attack forced me here. I am living example that it gets better if you just do not give up. I feel so good and strong. Who knew it could be like this. I have pain every day but my pain does not own me. Hang in there.....
  • MyBoyG
    MyBoyG Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Double check your settings to be sure your daily calorie goal isn't higher than it should be. I consider myself fairly active, but I have a desk job. When I switched it to sedentary, dropping the intake +/- 500 calories, the results began.

This journey's success is the sum of small efforts, repeated over and over again.
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Dont quit, please! When I started back in Oct 2011 I finally realized and accepted that I had to make changes that would stick for the rest of my life. It didn't matter how fast or slow the weight loss was because I wasn't going to do much different once I hit my goal.
    If you think of this as a new lifestyle then the time won't be that much of an issue. Take is slow and make small sustainable changes that you can live with . Change isn't easy and this isn't easy either. It is so worth it!
  • HollyFromTexas
    HollyFromTexas Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    This breaks my heart. I feel the same from time to time but I think MyBoyG might have a great point. That might just be the issue. Keep going -- you are WORTH it.
  • Ims0
    Ims0 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @riverspirit63: I'm sorry you're going through this today. It sucks to feel like that and it seems so much easier to just give up at that point. But you reached out instead, so I think you still have it in you to keep going. We've all been there and know how much this all sucks, but keep reminding yourself that you're worth it, that you've already made so much progress and that you can do this. Don't hesitate to look at yourself and say "well done" for how far you've already come. Keep going, we're all rooting for you!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    mekaerwin wrote: »
    I

On the plus side, I have a definite increase in my stamina and endurance, so there is that. My clothes fit a bit better as well. I need to keep reminding myself that even though my weight may not show an "improvement," I have improved in other ways.

Exactly what I was going to say. The scale should not be the end all. The tape measure, how you feel and the fit of your clothes may be better measures.