Tall Women? Show me your pictures!

Replies

• TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    I'm 180 cm (about 5'11 I think) and I've lost 16 kg since I started in September 2014. Extremely slow progress..
    I started lifting in November 2015 after doing pilates and not much else since the beginning of my weight loss.
    I have about 8-10 kg left to lose but I really like how the heavy lifting is changing my body. It is a bit frustrating though that even 16 kg is hard to notice when you're this tall and I have gone down only 1-2 clothing sizes, depending on the brand.

Progress pic is in my profile :smile:
  • RondieBlax
    RondieBlax Posts: 10 Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm 5' 8 1/2 and weighed 225 lbs. at my highest weight ever. In 2013, I lost 55 lbs. in a year and maintained for about 2 years and 3 months. Went from a size 20/22 to a size 10/12! I did this with Weight Watchers and a consistent workout regimen with Zumba, Cycle classes, and strength training. I had to stop all of it because I couldn't afford to continue WW (mid 2014), or my workouts (remodeling Aug 2015). Gained 16 lbs. in the last 9 months so I'm working to get back to 170 lbs. Now I plan to use MFP as a free alternative. I also speed walk on my treadmill for 60 minutes a minimum of 6 days a week and will be adding strength training at the new remodeled rec center when I get my car back. fk619uxcguls.jpgxqj5gt9619h4.jpg
  • bhindman77
    bhindman77 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all!! So glad I found this thread. My goal is to get back to my single days weight of 165. I will post a before and after once I have some progress to share!!
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm a work in progress. And I'm really glad I decided to get serious about the weight. It was negatively affecting my life. I'm doing this because I have lupus and my immune system attacks my heart. Its hard enough living when you have myocarditis, the extra weight was putting an extreme burden on my heart when my immune system was attacking it. It wasn't helping with my spinal injuries or arthritis either, at all.

I can't get rid of the lupus, but I can remove the stress all the extra weight put on my body. I have undergone this effort under the care of a gp & rheumatologist. I already understood good nutrition, I just wasn't putting my knowledge to good use. MyFitnessPal has been a great tool.

Height: 5'9", but I've shrunk. I was 5'11" at 13, and my doctor says due to the degree of curvature in my spine I'd be 6'1" appx. if it was straight.

Starting Weight: 270 lbs ( Nov 2014 )
    Current Weight: 199 lbs ( Jan 2016 )
    Goal Weight: 175 lbs ( June 2016? )

Initial Measurements: 48" bust / 38" waist / 49" hip ( US Std size 24 top / 22 bottom )
    Current Measurements: 41" bust / 32" waist / 41.5" hip ( US Std Size 16 top / 14 bottom )

Oh, I didn't see a difference in clothes for 20 lbs, and couldn't visually see a difference until I hit the 40 lb mark.

6c0udj3lv5jf.jpg

nkvyo02ngoqm.jpg
  • krockstad
    krockstad Posts: 4 Member
    qbou6cm4udk6.jpeg

I'm about 5'8"-9" and have always been in the "thick" category. It took this collage of pics to realize that when someone said I was looking skinny the other day, I shouldn't have busted out laughing. I'm the 2nd smallest I've been in my adult years and still going. To all the tall, big ladies...see yourself through someone else's eyes by taking pics each 2-3 months and remember that success is failure in progress ~Einstein
  • YaGirlMaddi
    YaGirlMaddi Posts: 88 Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm 5'9.5
    SW 165
    CW 155
    GW not sure yet
    Measurements waist 25.5 and hips 40
    I'm a size 8, was a size 10, but I could probably squeeze myself into a 6 now haha. I do p90x3 everyday and eat around 1200 cal. I eat 1500 to maintain.
    Oh and my bra size went from a 34DD to a 32D
  • Cocoa_Jean
    Cocoa_Jean Posts: 35 Member
    I don't have pics, but I just want to say I feel your pain on the clothes. I've lost over 25 pounds and STILL wear the same size in everything. Except my bra. Yay. I lost a whole cup size.

Although yesterday I put on a pair of jeans I hadn't tried on in a while that used to be snug, but they went right on with no stretching, so that's something, right?

This was absolutely hilarious.... Breasts always seem to be the first to go -_-.....
  • I'm 5'9"
    SW- 245lbs
    CW- 210lbs
    GW- 175lbs(I've always been overweight so not even sure, will just see where I feel good)
    I've lost 8" off my waist, 5" off each thigh, 3" off each arm, 5" off my bra band size.

xmn27zq5z5dq.jpeg
  • sammyantics
    sammyantics Posts: 191 Member
    5'10 here! yay tall ladies!

SW:216
    CW:185 (31lbs down - fairly recent full-body profile pic)

ok, so. something weird i've found as I've lost weight. my 'fat' clothes still fit, which was discouraging at first. until i realized that it's not the fact that i could still wear them, it's the fact that they fit differently! someone in here mentioned her jeans still fit but she didn't have to stretch them on (preach!) i think we forget how they fit 5, 10 or 15 lbs ago, so we don't realize there is a difference. when you gain, you know you're changing because you literally can't get the clothes on/buttoned/zipped anymore. it's not the same for downsizing!

I have 4 pairs of jeans (all levis') in sizes 12, 14, 16 and 18 (US). I can wear all 4 pairs. the 18s are only just now starting to be too loose/baggy to actually wear out in the world, but at the same time, the 12s are loose and the 16s can still feel tight in some spots. clothes make no sense, so don't focus on them as definers of progress!

• WoofD
    WoofD Posts: 12 Member
    edited March 2016
    Oh I love finding this. I'm 5'10" and around 260lbs at the moment. I've tried and tried ... low carb ... less calories .. running ... and I will try some more. Thanks for the pics girls x
  • Fittingitforever
    Fittingitforever Posts: 106 Member
    Bumping to keep this thread going because I love it so much! 5' 9" here... Started a while back (2013) at 243, lost 50 lbs, then had a baby boy and settled at 236. I'm now down to 213 and still working hard. I believe my goal weight for now will be 170-175 but quite honestly, it's been so long since I was that weight that I'm not even sure what it will feel like. I am excited to get there though.

Keep on keeping' on ladies!
  • Aria_Luna
    Aria_Luna Posts: 20 Member
    5'9"
    Starting Weight: 241
    Current Weight: 219
    Goal Weight: Between 145-160, whatever looks healthy.

It's only a 20 pound difference, but I thought it was significant enough to share.
    Thanks to everyone who's shared so far!

pku1fl8h120e.png
  • Fittingitforever
    Fittingitforever Posts: 106 Member
    Aria_Luna wrote: »
    5'9"
    Starting Weight: 241
    Current Weight: 219
    Goal Weight: Between 145-160, whatever looks healthy.

It's only a 20 pound difference, but I thought it was significant enough to share.
    Thanks to everyone who's shared so far!

pku1fl8h120e.png

LOVE both of your floral tops! Super cute!
  • overw8gosk8
    overw8gosk8 Posts: 457 Member
    I totally understand your pain. I'm 5'11 and it took nearly 30 lbs for me to drop sizes. Once you get smaller though it only takes 6-10lbs to drop a size. :)

5'11
    SW: 281
    CW: 247
    5u28blu1iw8d.jpg
  • Dana_E
    Dana_E Posts: 158 Member
    I totally understand your pain. I'm 5'11 and it took nearly 30 lbs for me to drop sizes. Once you get smaller though it only takes 6-10lbs to drop a size. :)

I'm so relieved to hear this. I've dropped over 20 pounds since the beginning of February, but I'm still in a size 18. I'm working hard, seeing changes, but all I feel like I have to show for it is that I'm no longer muffin-topping my fat pants and they're baggy in the thighs. Maybe another 10 pounds and I'll be in a 16?
  • Dana_E
    Dana_E Posts: 158 Member
    Overw8gosk8, you're looking great, btw!
  • ltssharon
    ltssharon Posts: 195 Member
    Sie_Con wrote: »
    Hello all,
    I've been at this healthy lifestyle thing for just over a month and I've lost 13 pounds. I am eating about 1600-1800 calories per day and going to the gym 3x weekly, doing cardio and strength training. I am 5 11", started in the 290's and now I'm in the 280's. I definitely feel a little stronger, but I don't see any difference on my body or in my clothing. I think my goal is about 180 because I want to be healthy but don't really care about looking skinny, and I tend to have a large build. I'm having trouble picturing what weight loss looks like on us tall women.

If you are 5 9" or over and have lost weight, could you please show me pictures? I really want to gauge what your success looks like and get some more inspiration!! Any tips for me It's a bit discouraging because I know it'll take a while on my tall/large frame to see any difference or change clothing sizes.

Thanks!!

OK my friend. I am 5 foot 10.5 inches and weigh 153. I love to weigh 150. I eat about 1200 calories plus whatever I exercise. For exercise I do aerobics 6 days a week for 30 minutes a day at home, and about 5 minutes of weight lifting 6 days a week: arms, chest/back, legs/ and repeat on days 4,5,6.

I am not at all skinny. I am curvy and busty with full hips and a trim waist. at 160 I have a very pudgy waist. I buy ALL my clothes online at Eddie Bauer TALL, usually clearance. I buy my jeans Eddie Bauer Men's long (longer crotch). size 34/34. So I have no trouble with clothes. If you go to the store and get a clerk and have them place your online order, you do not have to pay for shipping to your home. Then if you wish to return something take it back to the store and you don't have to pay shipping. I am trying to attach a picture
    0405t7w6qpzeo9wl.jpg

• ltssharon
    ltssharon Posts: 195 Member
    Here you go. 5 foot 10.5 inches, 152 pounds, been trying to lose 1 pound for 2 months.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    edited March 2016
    Yay tall girls. I'm 5'9" the picture on the right is me at 169 and the picture on the left is me at 150. If memory serves me right, there's a 6 month difference in these 2 pictures.

Eta I don't why it wouldn't post the picture from the url
  • Shrinking_Erin
    Shrinking_Erin Posts: 125 Member
    edited March 2016
    I'm 5'10. Started at almost 350. I'm now 271. I fit into size 18 jeans when I hit like 285. I'm 271 as of today and still in size 18 though much more comfortably. I think it won't be long before I can shift into size 16 jeans. Top photo was a few days ago. The bottom right was 2 weeks ago. Bottom left was at my highest size 24/26 advmpzpwaszk.jpeg
    pvkqcl0r17pr.jpeg

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!