Hurdle on first day!! But not a waste of a day.

Options
Sinuses acting real bad now and since mid-Wednesday. Didn't have much of an appetite. I consumed more in protein supplements than actual food. Still, better than nothing and I didn't have any junk food. Also I took my daily multi-vitamin. Under for today for calories/fat/exercise due to not feeling well. Inquired about a gym today that seems very promising. I filled in my food/exercise diary for Wednesday. It seemed to take a long time, but it is only my first day. I'm sure I get the hang of it. I played around with the food diary a bit and was pleased to see that foods I eat on a more typical day-to-day basis were there.

A slightly discouraging 1st day, but life happens and it hasn't put a dent in my determination. :) I hope everyone had a good day!

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    good start and a great attitude

you can make up the calories later in the week when you are feeling better

good luck
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Starting is the important thing. In a couple of days it will all fall into place. Be consistant and you'll be fine. Best.
  • 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I think you have done the hardest thing, started logging. Well done. The first bit is fairly challenging but then it gets easy, and becomes second nature. After a while, you will be able to do it in your head too. ...and then you go overboard and start calculating the calorie content of other people's food while eating out. HAHA... Treat yourself well get better and keep at it. :)
  • mygalsal76
    mygalsal76 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys! @88meli88...oh, the logging! It kinda felt like I was doing homework!! But I imagine there's a learning curve and it will get much easier over time. I like the fact that it has the extra option where it "saves" your previous food choices. It also made me realize that I need to get a food scale real fast. I threw to together today a smoothie of a banana, some spinach, and some almond milk and didn't weigh anything, But it's not like a healthy smoothie is gonna make or break me :) I figure I had about one serving of each.

Feeling even worse today...I think it's a full-blown sinus infection. And of course I was just in to see the doctor last week for my annual check up. But I usually get at least one nasty sinus infection once a year and her staff said she could call in an antibiotic for me if necessary, instead of me having to come in again, which is good.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    That's great you still got started in spite of not feeling well. Keep up the determination.

I get chronic sinus infections. They are awful! I don't know if you have tried this, but at my doctor's suggestion I use a saline nasal spray whenever I feel one coming on. Sometimes that will prevent a full-blown infection or make it not be quite as bad. Using it during the infection also helps somewhat with the pressure (when the pressure doesn't prevent use :/ ) and helps the infection end sooner. You can find them in the pharmacy section of grocery stores. I know other people use neti (?) pots or facial steamers. Of course get the antibiotic if you need it!

Hope you feel better quickly.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Getting started is the hardest part, and you were able to successfully start your program even while not feeling too hot. You're on the right track! Stay motivated!