Tall women - 5'9" and over...question

Options
How many calories are you eating for weight loss? Do you exercise? How much weight have you lost and how long did it take you?

Replies

• bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'10" eating ~1650 on workout days and ~1485 on non-workout days. i have lost 10lbs over the last 13 or so weeks (the holidays and a vacation included). i should also add that i have hypothyroidism and PCOS which have worked against me in the past.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    5'9" eating 2000 a day and for the first 16 weeks I lost exactly 16 pounds, but recently I lose about .5 pounds a week. I'm a dance teacher so my job can be pretty active at times. I teach 5 dance classes a week and usually weight lift when I go to the gym to work out (3-4 times a week.)
  • toe1226
    toe1226 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9.75 eating about 1500 a day, active to very active (workout, walk a lot)- I'm still exploring the science of my loss, i'm early in and think I'll likely up my intake soon.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    I'm 5'10". I don't recall how many calories I was eating for loss, but my maintenance is 2040 cals. I'm also hypothyroid.
  • jusbar71
    jusbar71 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9, I do very little exercise due to health issues, I stick to 1260 or just under, I have lost 15lbs in 4 weeks
  • joolsmd
    joolsmd Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    5'10. I eat 1400 a day, and walk 4 miles a day. I've lost 11lbs in a month.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm 5'11. I lost weight eating around 1900 calories with no exercise. I'm very athletic with a sedentary job. I ate most of my exercise calories back.

Took me 15 months to lose 80 pounds. This is my 3rd year keeping the weight off.
  • sweetie1975
    sweetie1975 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Great responses. I'm 5'9" with a desk job, trying to get exercise in at least 3 times a week and eating 1900, maybe my calories are too high.
  • kitaemma
    kitaemma Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    6'1" eating 1600, lost 8 pounds in 6 weeks. Close to goal though, not sure if that makes a difference
  • cookielover_96
    cookielover_96 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    5'9" . 1300 for maintenance, 1800 for slight bulk (me right now). And of course anything below 1300 would be weight loss...which is not my goal anyways.
  • verdebug
    verdebug Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread. I'm not just 6'0" tall, I'm muscular, too. My ultimate weight goal would make a lot of my smaller MFP sisters laugh, I suspect, but I like being able to play basketball with the guys and have them bounce off of ME when I set a screen, haha..... My MFP calorie goal is around 1,500 which is just too low for me, so I eat about 500 of my exercise calories back most days. I've lost 60 pounds, and I've got about ten to go. I have a desk job, too, so for me, the key isn't trying to "fit in" exercise but rather structuring my life to be active. I never take the elevator. I walk 45 mins during my lunch hour. I garden, and haul around wheelbarrows full of heavy things. I play sports that I think are fun. I do go to the gym, but, it's almost secondary to the activity that I purposefully build into my day.
  • MamaMc3
    MamaMc3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9", and I eat 1,580 and walk 30 minutes 5 times a week. I am about 6 weeks in, and I have lost 15 lbs.
  • bridgetsuzanne7
    bridgetsuzanne7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9". I eat 1,700 cals/day, do 40-60 mins of cardio 5x/week, strength train 5x/week and do yoga once a week. I am in the beginning of my 4th week and I have lost 5lbs.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9". I eat between 2100 and 1900 Calories daily. I'm breastfeeding and I do circuit training and HIIT style workouts 4 days a week, Pilates once a week, and do something fun and physical every weekend (last weekend was climbing this weekend will be cross country skiing). I have no Idea what I weigh right now, but since December I have dropped a pant size.
  • Karmc2k
    Karmc2k Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi Sweetie1975, thanks for the post. I am 5'10" and just started on MFP about 3 weeks ago. I have lost about 3 pounds in that time. I am eating 1200 calories a day plus all my exercise calories. I go to the gym about 5 times a week and do both cardio (about 1/2 hour) and weights (45 mins).
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 with a desk job, work out 5-6 times a week vigorously. I stick around 1800 calories and don't eat back exercise calories. Just bumped up recently from 1400 calories, on which I was starving.
  • eritchey11
    eritchey11 Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
  • kirstenb13
    kirstenb13 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and eat between 1800 and 2100 usually. I lost around 35 lbs since the end of last October that way (currently 158). I'm relatively active in my daily life, normally 10 - 15k steps on my fitbit and I eat most of those calories back. I like to go running a few times a week, but mostly just on the weekend, no other exercise.
    I guess I got really lucky with my metabolism...