Walking shoes suggestions

Options
I'm walking to began loosing weight but the pain I feel in my arch area makes it hard to continue. I've bought 5 different pairs of tennis shoes even a few in wide but I get the same results. I do have weak ankles and slightly flat foot. What can I do to walk more and stop the pain? Budget friendly

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    is it because the insoles are pushing up against the arch of your feet? If that's the case, then buy some flat insoles to replace the ones in your shoes.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I always buy New Balance shoes because I also have wide flat feet and I make sure to get an orthotic support (superfeet or something similar) to help give me an arch. Since I've been using the orthotic supports, I almost never have foot pain anymore in connection with walking. Hope this info helps. :)
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I have two pairs of New Balance and one pair of Keens, and they really seem to help. Keens can be expensive, but are very worth it.
  • claremariie
    claremariie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try Skechers go flex they are my go to wAlking shoe
  • gettingsexybck007
    gettingsexybck007 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Nike are brilliant for being nice and sponges and providing arch support
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I love my Nike Shox for walking.
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I love my Nike Shox for walking.

My husband swears by his
  • Riskay123
    Riskay123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Maybe go and see a podiatrist. I also have issues with my feet and getting the podiatrist to make me custom orthotics for my shoes really helped me. I know they can be expensive but so is buying heaps of shoes that don't fit your feet. They last a really long time. I walked a 100km hike last year wearing mine and couldn't have done it without them. I don't walk anywhere without them.
  • 777cbr
    777cbr Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    There are some really good high cushion shoes on the market right now if not having enough cushioning is the problem. Though they are a bit pricey. My favorite is the Altra Paradigm, but Hoka also makes a ton of shoes in this category and I like them also. I just bought some for my parents for Christmas and they have been loving them for walking.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Go to a store that specializes in active footwear and get fitted. They will analyze your gait and have you try a bunch of different shoes.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you NEED to go to a running store and have them help you!

what works for one person doe NOT work for another! Spend the time, spend the money, and do it right!