Loose skin fear

Options
Hey everyone,

It's been awhile since I've been here and I decided to come back because I would like to lose maybe 10-15 pounds but what's been stopping me for months is..loose skin. I already have a handful of it on my belly that has not gone away. I am just terrified of getting more on different parts of my body. If I lose the weight very slowly is there a chance of getting loose skin?

Replies

• thatthingyoudoula
    thatthingyoudoula Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Skin is remarkably elastic. I've gained and lost 60 pounds and loose skin is generally not that big of a deal if you exercise as well. Everyone is different, but I've seen huge weight losses with minimal skin sagging.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    There is always a chance but with so little to lose you may find that it tightens with time. Some suggest two years to allow the skin time to adjust to a lack of body fat. Don't let the fear keep you from your goals.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    A 10-15 lb loss is not going to increase loose skin. If you have that little to lose, it will probably come off pretty slow anyway.
  • missjessau
    missjessau Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to get it on my belly :( I'm worried I will start to look like Dr Zoidberg without his shell soon.
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Water water water! That will help! Make sure that you are getting proper nutrition to keep your skin healthy. If you lose the weight at a good healthy pace it shouldn't get too bad.

On a side note, I tried Arbonne's skin firming body cream on my tummy and butt/upper thighs when I lost weight the first time and I felt like it made a difference. I'm not a salesperson for Arbonne so I'm completely unbiased - it might be worth a try :)