"Good for you" fast food

Options
chris6515
chris6515 Posts: 131 Member
I am a traveling nurse and frequently end up at the drive-up windows. I love Subway, Burger King veggie burgers made "my way" with extra veggies and no mayo, MdDonald's oatmeal and their Asian Grilled Chicken Salad. I would love to hear from anyone else who has found some great-tasting and healthy choices at fast food or take-out restaurants.

Replies

• foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Wendy's Chilli is delicious and has some good nutrition.
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Panera has a lot of healthy options I think. And all of the food I have had their is very filling. It is fast...but no drive thru window. The nice thing is that all of their cals are posted right next to the product...super convenient!
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Panera has a lot of healthy options I think. And all of the food I have had their is very filling. It is fast...but no drive thru window. The nice thing is that all of their cals are posted right next to the product...super convenient!
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell Crunchy Chicken Taco..... as long as you keep track of your sodium for the rest of your day, you can have 3 for 450 cal at a meal.

Better than a few subway sandwiches and waaaay better than the meals at McDonald's, Burger King, Carl's Jr, or Jack in the Box.
  • Marcieb21
    Marcieb21 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I work at a wendys and whenever I work i always get one of their salads, yummy and healthy!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I order the grilled chicken wrap at mcdonalds with no sauce.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Sonic's grilled chicken wrap (no sauces) is good. Wendy's Baja Salad (no cheese) is one of my favorites and you can get them in two sizes. I also like Taco Bell's Chicken Fresco tacos.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    chicken salad wrap at mcdonalds isnt too bad, and i think subway veggie delite is supposed to be a good option, but subway have quite a few lowish cal options

http://www.subway.co.uk/menu/subs/lite-subs/default.aspx
  • kristimaggard
    kristimaggard Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Chick-Fil-A is good! They have a garden salad and I get fat free honey mustard! Really low fat and filling! :)
  • ashirsch
    ashirsch Posts: 8
    Options
    grilled chicken wrap at Wendy's
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Wendy's new Berry Almond Chicken Salad is the bomb! I eat it without the nuts & absolutely love the raspberry vinaigrette dressing! The half size is very filling & absolutely delish!! :wink:
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Qdoba Mango Chicken Salad (naked)= YUM.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I get a plain baked potato and a small chili from Wendy's. Pour the chili over the potato. Kinda high in carbs and sodium, but still not a horrible choice. If you are really hungry, you can add a side salad.
  • cammons
    cammons Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My go to fast food is usually Wendys. Their salads are pretty darn good (I don't use salad dressing so that helps to keep the calorie count low) and the chili is pretty good, even without the cheese. I'm also a fan of their baked potatoes, plain and eaten more like an apple than a potato (easier for driving)

I'm also a fan of their kids meals, I get a plain cheeseburger with no bun (I'm allergic to bread) with a side of oranges and, on occasion, a lowfat chocolate milk because it makes me smile. :)

Panera has some great soups that are pretty decent and is another place for excellent salads, I've never had a sandwich there but my husband likes them.
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Wendy's chili, and Chic-Fil-A! :)
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    CHIPOTLE!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LCantrell
    LCantrell Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sallana
    Sallana Posts: 2
    Options
    So since I've started my diet my husband seems to be resisting the change, and is constantly stopping at fast food places. I don't want to make a scene, so I took the time to make sure I know what I could eat safely at each one.. here is what I get ..

Wendy's - 1/2 sized Baja Salad (No dressing or chips) - 280 cals

Taco Bell - If it's dinner, 3 soft regular beef tacos = 600 cals, otherwise that's a pretty big meal, but around here taco bell is usually dinner.

Dunkin Donuts - Out of luck pretty much, the only thing they have that's decent is their 'wake up wraps' around 250 - 300 cals, and they are not filling.

Subway - 6" Subway club loaded with veggies and some honey mustard. about 400 cals

Those are our regulars. Each restaurant is required to have nutrition information provided somewhere by law. So for Burger King, Arby's and so on.. just go to their website.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options

we have drive throughs here!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I'd say any place you can like build your own. Ghengis grill is the bomb for healthy! Panera has some do able things, I like their soups, or their egg and cheese breakfast sandwich.
    Subway is super easy to do.
    Taco bell isn't really good for you, but their fresco menu has easy options to stay under.