What is for Dinner tonight?

Options
Hey all...looking for some new dinner ideas. What are you having for dinner tonight?

Replies

• missmeg1970
    missmeg1970 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    We had very very yummy chickpea burgers (DH and son added wedges) they worked out well and were tasty plus kind of felt like junk food but wasn't. I also made a vege taco soup that was only 98cal a cup

Meg
  • pamfin
    pamfin Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Mexican bean burger, cous cous and salad. My diary's public if you want to check it out.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Ground buffalo (bison) burgers. Yum! Tastes like beef but with lots less fat, calories and cholesterol.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Steak and greek salad.
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    homemade chicken and seafood paella with a glass of red wine (i deserve it)
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    My son and I are having mommy and me night. We are making homemade healthy pizza. I buy whole wheat pizza dough (or you can make your own) some people have even used tortillas. I use regular sauce but just half a cup just to give it taste. light mozzarella cheese and turkey pepperoni (17 slices are only 70cal.) My son loves it and I still haven't told him its turkey pepperoni it looks just like regular pepperoni. I serve it with a salad so I do not overeat on the slices. Have a great weekend.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    homemade chicken and seafood paella with a glass of red wine (i deserve it)

yes you do!
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Barbecue chicken (crock pot), roasted seasoned red potatoes, and salad. I'm also making garlic toast for the children :)
  • Lovelystrumpet
    Options
    Falafels with carrot sticks, iceberg lettuce, sliced cucumber and chopped bell pepper, and some green tea :)

Maybe an apple afterwards if I'm still hungry.
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    Whatever doesn't crawl away from me when I open the fridge.
    Need to get groceries. And clean out the fridge.
    But if Pea4jjab has extra, I'm there - that sounds delish!
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
  • grammymelPolly
    Options
    This is a recipe that another MFP had on here the other day it was called Mexican Crock Pot Creamy Chicken. We ate it the other night and now we are having the leftovers in soft taco wraps tonight. My husband even likes it so I didn't have to cook to different meal. Only 181 calories per serving not counting the wrap.
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Options

Shona, I have to cook BIG, so there's always extra for guests :)
  • BFit40
    BFit40 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Ginger, chilli squid with green salad and fresh tomotaoes from my greenhouse.
  • chris6515
    chris6515 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    AHHHH, I love these posts. I'm making Cooking Light's Black Pepper & Molasses Pulled Chicken sandwiches. You do it on the stove, no crockpot or hours of cooking. Very simple ingredients, quick, and sooooo yummy. They are also great with pork.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/black-pepper-molasses-pulled-chicken-sandwiches-10000001932638/

Eat it on a 100-calorie whole wheat sandwich thin to shave off some carbs and you'll be at even less than the cal count they record. :)
  • stewartknits
    stewartknits Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know it's June, but I've been thinking about some homemade Chicken Tortilla soup for the past few days. Gonna bust out the "Cook This, Not That" book and use their recipe! Yum!
  • BFit40
    BFit40 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Changed my mind and I had smoked salmon salad. It was gorgeous!
  • michelec64
    michelec64 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have a membership at a local organic farm for the summer, and today was my first pickup. Using what was in my basket I made a quick stew with some squash, fennel, kale, tomatoes, Italian sausage, and white beans. Had a slice of Italian bread on the side and a glass of white wine. I usually have burger and fries on Saturday night but this was a nice change.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Tuna with light mayo, shredded cheese, nuts, and a toast. Also, town house crackers.