Losing weight

Options
Help! So I've been doing really well with my healthy eating plan, and over the course of around 25 days I lost 8 pounds! I exercise for around half an hour each day and was feeling so pumped and happy with my progress! only in the last 5/6 days or so, I've put back on half the weight I originally lost! :( my doctor started my on the contraceptive pill rigevidon to regulate my periods around 2 weeks ago, and I haven't changed my diet or exercise routine at all - could it be the pill aiding this unwanted weight gain or possibly causing water retention?
side note: putting this weight back on has really knocked my self esteem and kind of threw me off course with my healthy eating and so I'm asking any girls out there if they've experienced this, if so how did you overcome it??

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear. This could be related to your cycle, especially around your TOM or ovulation. It could also be caused by a higher sodium intake or increase in exercise. Keep to your plan and be patient.
  • FaerieCae
    FaerieCae Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Did you take measurements when you started? If not, take them. Sometimes the scales don't show any loss but measurements can...also judge on how tight your clothes are. Don't let numbers on the scale throw you.
  • CordeliaWiddowson
    Options
    that's true I actually never thought about it being my time of the month thankyou!
  • CordeliaWiddowson
    Options
    also I really wish I had taken measurements at the start, I did have been taking photos at the throughout and I still see a dramatic difference between the photo where I had lost 8 pounds and now. Having said that, I definitely agree that weighing is not the best indicator of progress, in fact I think I'm getting a rather unhealthy attitude to weighing myself constantly and beating myself up - I think I might try and stick to a weekly weigh in from now on
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Yup. Right before my period, I can swing up an extra 3-5 lbs. It comes off pretty shortly thereafter.