Any other former smokers out their?

Options
Panda_brat
Panda_brat Posts: 291 Member
edited February 2016 in Motivation and Support
I have been off tobacco for 21 months now. I would have though that i would be free of urges by now. the weird thing I have noticed is often when I get hungry I get the urge to smoke. I guess it is some oral fixation thing. Any one else get urges like that?

Replies

• lav2302
    lav2302 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been off tobacco since 2009:) its just a habbit!:) good job!! Just stop thinking about it than much!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    every once in a while i get the craving. one cigarette every once in a blue moon will not turn you into a smoker. in fact, for me, i kinda realize why i hate it and throw away the cigarette half way through.
  • This1Guy
    This1Guy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think it is different for everyone. I had strong cravings for 3 years after quitting cold turkey. It has been 6 years for me now. I cannot stand the smell or thought of a cigarette anymore.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    As of Feb. 2nd it has been two years since I quit smoking. My husband still smokes 2 packs a day and the smell is disgusting. I am embarrassed to admit I smelled that bad too. I still get cravings but I have no desire to light up again.
  • Panda_brat
    Panda_brat Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    After getting told I mp longer need to take my blood pressure pills I am afraid I will blow and go back to my bad habits, and their goes my victories. I try to keep busy and not thinking about it, but some times I just get the urges, and I just have to wait for them to pass.
  • tara2502
    tara2502 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I quit 11 years ago - about 4 years ago had one too many drinks on a night out and lit up for a friend - everything I'd eaten that day swiftly came up (sorry but had to share!) - now I can't stand the smell of tobacco as it literally makes me wretch!
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    It will be 4 years this April since I quit for the final time, and now I don't crave them. In prior smoking years, I would always crave one. So for me, I think I finally kicked the nasty habit to the curb.

I worked with a guy who had quit for like 10 years because his wife asked him to. He told me that he craved one every single day, and that when his wife passed the first thing he was going to do was light up.