I need help !!!! Please

Options
Hello, my name is April. I weigh 344pds and I'm just starting on my new journey. I need all the support and motivation u can give. I have spent the last 13 yrs being a full-time care giver first to my mom then to my dad. they have both passed now. I am in a loveless marriage that I'm trying to get out of. I start a new job next week. That is my first step on leaving, so I can provide for my 15 yr old daughter. She deserves so much better. Sorry for the sob story just giving u a little background info. I am an emotional eater. I would love to make friends . Any support or advice u can give is totally welcomed.. Thank u so much.

Replies

• BrittanyNicole934
    BrittanyNicole934 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your parents. But your taking the right steps working on yourself! You can't make anyone else happy without being happy yourself. I can use the motivational help and support as well. Feel free to add me so we can do it together
  • roxymuller
    roxymuller Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your parents. You have taken the first step and that is usually the hardest. Baby steps is good. Don't look at the amount of weight you want to lose, instead break it down into increments of 10 or even 5 lbs. I have to lose 100 lbs and I find breaking it down into 10 lbs and just concentrating on losing that has been helpful. As far as eating goes, try to eat vegetables like in a stir fry or veggies and dip. Yes, you can have dip just in moderation. When I buy my veggies, I cut them up and put them in the fridge so they are ready to eat. Try to eat more protein like fish, chicken and lean meat. Eat fruit. Try to cut out sugar and cut down on carbs like in rice. The above suggestions are just that, suggestions. Start by making small changes. Drink more water. I used to HATE water but I add some of those liquid flavours and now I love it. I also bought myself a 3 cup carafe to put my water in so that I will know when I am done, I have had 3 cups of water. When you feel the urge to eat and you have used up your allotted calorie amounts chew gum, take a walk, do housework. Good luck in your journey. We can do it together. Feel free to add me.
  • wdnisbet
    wdnisbet Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Oh, you have my sympathies on losing your folks. This has got to be a frightening time with so many changes. I wish you the best of luck with all your challenges. And congradulations on the new job. Try to be kind to yourself along the way. You deserve it
  • tichondria
    tichondria Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I agree April, the whole path and new beginning begins and ends with you. You need to be happy with yourself, or it will never be right. Also take this advice to heart.. Never look at the WHOLE picture. Keep that as your end goal yes, but not your only goal. Start small, be proud of tiny accomplishments because they equal the bigger picture/goal in the long run.

Be proud of your new job, and the start of your new life, even if it means it began with sadness. You can do this. Also feel free to add me as a friend, and if your not sure how, just msg me and I'll add you :smile:
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your parents. Your parents must be very proud of you. Taking control of your life can be difficult but it sounds like you know where you're heading. Congratulations on the new job! You can do this. One day at a time.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Well done you! Sounds to me like an exciting new life is going to emerge out of this.