i dont want to give up!

Options
hello~im not quite brand new to MFP, i tried it back in february but only last a week or so before i gave up. This time around i want to get involved on the message boards and share struggles and achievements with others.

Ive been married for almost three years and we have a 1 1/2 year old son. My husband has the best metabolism ive even seen. he has the ability to eat all day, in huge amounts, and stay a stick. i, unfortunately, dont. and for the 5 years we have been together i have slowly been putting on weight because i could keep up eating the same amounts as him. He tries to be supportive everytime i change my eating habits but after awhile he misses all the things he loves to eat that dont effect him the same way they do me. So i go back to buying them for him and slowly start eating them as well. At that point i feel like failure and give in.

BUT the change is happening now. He is out of town monday through friday, so i dont have the temptations that i normally would. he can buy his crap and take it with him! It'll just be the weekends where i cant give in when he requests a biscuits and gravy breakfast with bacon and everything else you can think of. .....and also being without my husband on a nightly basis, I CANT EAT TO BE HAPPY just because im lonley!

I started taking MFP seriously on monday, june 13th and have lost 7 lbs since then! I`m also attempting the Biggest Loser wii game! I am feeling so great doing this and i would love to have some friends to share with!

so add me if you would like to! I dont want to give up!!! :)

Replies

• dcladydi
    dcladydi Posts: 95
    Options
    Way to go on the 7 pound lose already
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Great attitude too. I absolutely love this site, well minus the rude people you might come across on the forums. Good luck to you on your weight loss journey. Remember this is for YOU and your happiness. :flowerforyou:
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    You need to develop a very strong mindset and start this knowing its not going to always be easy and you will falter but you're gonna dust it off and go on. Time to get back on track, You can really do this, I promise!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    You need to develop a very strong mindset and start this knowing its not going to always be easy and you will falter but you're gonna dust it off and go on. Time to get back on track, You can really do this, I promise!

Absolutely right. Yes, it may be harder for you to have someone around who doesn't adhere to your diet, but the real world is (mostly) not adhering to a healthy, whole food diet, either.

I just try to divert my attention or eat some "mock" version of what your husband is having. SO and DS eating chips and hummus? Okay, I'm having 2 tbsp hummus with celery or green beans.

GOOD LUCK!
  • Jessabelle12
    Jessabelle12 Posts: 145
    Options
    Great attitude to start with. Taking part in forums and having friends on here has made this so different to other things. If i do go over my cals a bit i log it and move on - and your MFPals won't let you believe one slip up will make you fail, they help you, encourage you and make you want to keep going!
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    I'm glad you're back again! As mothers and wives, we tend to put others first. But you have to put your health first so you can be the best you possibly can for your child and your husband. Focus on eating healthy foods and getting some exercise every day. The weight loss will follow. You're young, and you will be successful! Thanks for sharing your story!:flowerforyou:
  • kimphillips36
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me as a friend! I'm here to support and encourage you on your weight loss journey! I've been on my own weight loss journey for the last 14 months and have learned a lot!! I'm no expert, but I'm here to help you any way that I can!

You can read more about my own weight loss journey on my personal blog at: www.kimsjourneytoahealthierlife.blogspot.com

Thanks!

Kim
  • chris6515
    chris6515 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. You can stick to this. My husband ate like yours and had a heart attack in his late thirties. Not that yours will, but if you can manage to introduce him to some healthier kinds of foods while still making his favorites, your whole family will benefit. And it really does FEEL better to eat healthy--you'll have more energy to keep up with your little boy.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss so far. Keep it up!! I will add you for extra support/encouragment.
  • along21291
    along21291 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Good luck with everything! One thing to remember is that no matter how bad you eat for a day or a week, always get back on the wagon. You don't have to be perfect just be consistent and no matter what stick with it. You'll surprise yourself at how well you can do!
  • TripMom
    TripMom Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Being a mother and wife can be hard when it comes to weight loss. We tend to try to make everyone else happy before we do what we need to do for ourselves. But think of things in this way...you and you husband are role models for your child when it comes to eating healthy. Eating biscuits and gravy isn't healthy for anyone even if they are skinny. Just keep doing what you are doing, get some walking in and keep a positive attitude. One of the things I started doing was introducing a new veggie each week. Remember it take kids at least ten tries before they will willingly eat a new food. Sometimes it feels like it takes 100 times! :)
    Good luck! You can do this!