Water retention

Options
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this. I beleive i am suffering from water retention because of which I am not losing weight as fast as i should be.
If anyone has any KNOWLEDGE of this or any possible LONGTERM CURE, please let me know. I would really appreciate the help.
If anyone is aware of any specific and major SYMPTOMS, please do let me know.

THANX

Replies

• ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Lowering your sodium and drinking more than the recommended 64 ounces a day works wonders!
  • bonnymom
    bonnymom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Try increasing your water intake. I have found that drinking 64-100 ounces of water helps a lot. Also, try decreasing your sodium intake to the daily allotment.
  • CherylsTime
    CherylsTime Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have this problem also. I find that green tea really helps.
  • jch1109
    jch1109 Posts: 1
    Options
    The best possible things for stopping water retension is cutting down on the sodium in your diet and working out. For a quick fix (albeit not always a great idea), you can try an over the counter diuretic. Ask your pharmacist. But be careful with those as they can, in essence, leech potassium from your body. Good luck.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    The best cure for water retention is drinking LOTS of water AND watching your sodium intake.

I wouldn't use any kind of diuretic or anything like that. Also, be aware that caffeine is a natural diuretic - so if you're drinking coffee, tea or pop with caffeine in it... make sure to drink more water to help flush it out.
  • ASaxe23
    ASaxe23 Posts: 163
    Options
    I echo what people are saying Water water water. I drink 64-96oz a day and it helps. However, I also find sometimes herbal tea will work wonders too, and it's nice to get a break from regular water when you just can't do it anymore!! I'd go with caffeine free herbal tea maybe lemon or cranberry. Also it's true sodium is a killer!!