Is MFP Premium worth it? What are the real benefits?

Options
I've been looking at getting MFP Premium...but I'm not sure if it's worth it. What are the benefits? What are the best reasons to upgrade??

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Really, there are only a couple of things that are actual benefits:

1. You can set your macros by the gram rather than percentages;

2. You can have a different calorie goal as set by you by the day.

Other than those, and the ad-free nature (which is why I have ad-block) there are really no benefits. Even the "exclusive premium content" has been upgrades all of once, with half a dozen recipes. To add insult to injury, they were accessible by non premium members anyway.

Some people totally find points 1 & 2 above worth it, because that's what they specifically want. Otherwise, I don't really see a benefit. It's the same database, same community, same newsfeed, wall, and bugs.
  • sarahanne1125
    sarahanne1125 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    good to know, thanks!! great answer :-)
  • SmurfBunny1027
    SmurfBunny1027 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've never really considered Premium, but honestly... I would never consider upgrading on a website that has so many bugs. If they want me to consider paying for it, they better make it work right first.

MFP has really gone downhill. It's disappointing. It used to be such a wonderful (free) site. Now it's a mess.
  • sarahanne1125
    sarahanne1125 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Weight Watchers for the last year & since Oprah got on board & they changed to SmartPoints, the website & the app suck, so I've been trying MFP & honestly I like it better. I've only been been using it it for a week so the only big I've noticed is my fitbit not always syncing, but I can live with that. Anyway I've been thinking about quitting WW, & putting the $$ I'll save toward something else...I was kind kind of hoping for better reviews of mfp premium. I wish it had more to offer :-/
  • psalms2515
    psalms2515 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I didn't think it was worth it. I used it for a month. You can still play with percentages to figure your grams out.