Hey y'all I'm just starting!

Options
I'm just starting the low Carb high protein lifestyle, so any and all advice is appreciated!

Replies

• lyndseybellz
    lyndseybellz Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i can't help much with low carb, and i dont know what your fitness goals are. ...
    but my go to sources of protein are eggs, greek yogurt (i prefer oikos triple zero), turkey bacon, chicken, turkey pepperoni, any kind of bean, and of course whey protein. i will throw in a protein bar too once and a while.

good luck!
  • boandlyn
    boandlyn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you my goal is at least 50lbs. I have been eating alot of egg beaters!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Sounds a bit boring to be honest. You will want a donut somewhere along the line....
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    What you are eating is less important than how much you are eating. You need to do some research and then focus on CICO
  • Janehds0284
    Janehds0284 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You will probably do for a while and then will be craving for carb badly (I have done before). My advice is to learn to balance CICO. :)
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    It's ok to eat lower carb if you're not working out hard everyday. I work out 5 days a week and I keep my carbs right around 125g p/day. I did the Carb Nite solution which requires that you keep your carbs under 30g a day and it is very limiting. Also, it is tough to sustain the energy needed to complete training. Calculate your maintenance calories and eat under that amount. If you are in a caloric deficit, you will lose weight even if you eat nothing but donuts and doritos. If you are in a caloric surplus, you will gain weight even if you eat nothing but apples and oranges.