What's wrong ?!

Options
Ok been logging and counting !! But seen a 1lb gain this week ! Got the figures right BMR 1850-- TDEE 2500
I come in between that IE 1900 and a gain !!!?? I run walk 4 times a week 30
Mins a time but as I'm newly retired I also don't do
Much else !!!! So should my activity level be sit down desk job or meld active ? Is THIS THE PROBLEM???
Thanks for any constructive help

Replies

• jomilton975
    jomilton975 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey, I found that when I first started at the gym I used the same machine every time I went to do my 45 minutes cardio. I too was not getting anywhere in regards to weight loss. (Although I was getting fitter) Someone suggested to me that my body may be used to the level of and type of exercise that I was doing. I now try to mix up my routines and am having better results. Xx
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Your BMR is 1850?

What have you set your activity to? This excludes purposeful exercise and is how you spend the bulk of your day, if you were are retired are you constantly moving or sitting down a lot (if the latter you're sedentary) if moving around possibly lightly active but I'd still choose sedentary

Running 4 times a week would put you in lightly active mode (possibly moderately but that might over-estimate)

Logging

Are you weighing all food (no cups / spoons)
    Are you logging accurately - double checking items selected from the often incorrect MFP food database
    Are you logging your exercise with care - allowing 50-75% of the MFP exercise database calories or monitoring runs with an HRM?

Is your Walk / Run new?
    Change-up in exercise can affect water weight

Are you giving it enough time?
    Average your weight loss over 6- 8 weeks - a week by week can be affected by scale fluctuations due to water weight

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    279270 wrote: »
    Ok been logging and counting !! But seen a 1lb gain this week ! Got the figures right BMR 1850-- TDEE 2500
    I come in between that IE 1900 and a gain !!!?? I run walk 4 times a week 30
    Mins a time but as I'm newly retired I also don't do
    Much else !!!! So should my activity level be sit down desk job or meld active ? Is THIS THE PROBLEM???
    Thanks for any constructive help

What formula did you use for your BMR number? Harris-Bene or one which uses BF(body fat) %?

279270 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Harris!!
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Your BMR is 1850?

What have you set your activity to? This excludes purposeful exercise and is how you spend the bulk of your day, if you were are retired are you constantly moving or sitting down a lot (if the latter you're sedentary) if moving around possibly lightly active but I'd still choose sedentary

Running 4 times a week would put you in lightly active mode (possibly moderately but that might over-estimate)

Logging

Are you logging accurately - double checking items selected from the often incorrect MFP food database
    Are you logging your exercise with care - allowing 50-75% of the MFP exercise database calories or monitoring runs with an HRM?

Is your Walk / Run new?

Average your weight loss over 6- 8 weeks - a week by week can be affected by scale fluctuations due to water weight
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Your BMR is 1850?

Logging

Is your Walk / Run new?

Options
    Well yes I log all the time but you are right the MFP seems hard to find food in grms or oz
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Harris!!

What do you weigh?
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Well yes I log all the time but you are right the MFP seems hard to find food in grms or oz

Is that all you read? :)
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Not eating at a calorie deficit. Thats the way the cookie crumbles.....
    Options
    Don't quite understand what you mean
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    You think you are, but you arent.....
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    32khbppdryd6.jpg
    1.jpg 135.4K
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Don't quite understand what you mean

I meant it's not just about not being able to find the right entries - and I agree it can sometimes be a pain trying to find an accurate entry which is why recent and frequent food tabs are so useful

I posted a whole load of questions - you seemed to have skipped over the majority of them

Just trying to help :)