Lean enough to bulk?

I need to gain more mass as im only 70 kg(154 pounds) at 176cm. I will start a clean bulk soon but i was wondering if im lean enough now to start my first ever bulk?

Replies

• kianrashidi123
    kianrashidi123 Posts: 39 Member
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    When do you plan to start your bulk?

Looking at your pic, I would say you are at a decent/borderline spot to start a bulk.....
    Get your calories to where you are putting on around 1 lb / week....maybe 1.5 at the most.....
    So that would be 4 - 6 lbs / month.
  • AgentFlex
    AgentFlex Posts: 211 Member
    MityMax96 wrote: »

Looking at your pic, I would say you are at a decent/borderline spot to start a bulk.....
    Get your calories to where you are putting on around 1 lb / week....maybe 1.5 at the most.....

Agree! Good luck with the gains :)

• Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    At 10% BF you can begin bulk diet. When you get back up to 15%, it's time to cut again. Repeat.
  • kianrashidi123

Thanks for the advice man. Im thinking of starting to boost my calories to around maintance next week then slowly increase it for clean bulk?
  • kianrashidi123
    AgentFlex wrote: »

Agree! Good luck with the gains :)

Thanks So you reckon i should bulk? Im actually sick of being in a deficit for a long time...
  • aown61
    aown61 Posts: 62 Member
    I was at 76kg when I started my bulk, go for it!
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Personally, if I were you, I'd carry on cutting.. I prefer to keep my bf % around 10% at all times, so basically bulk a little - cut a little.
    You certainly notice the gains easier, and you know that you're gaining quality muscle rather than just fat.

Again, personal preference.
  • kianrashidi123
    aown61 wrote: »
    I was at 76kg when I started my bulk, go for it!

You could have had a different body fat percentage though! Ahah
  • kianrashidi123
    Snow3y wrote: »
    Personally, if I were you, I'd carry on cutting.. I prefer to keep my bf % around 10% at all times, so basically bulk a little - cut a little.
    You certainly notice the gains easier, and you know that you're gaining quality muscle rather than just fat.

Cutting more would mean that i should get to 65 kg or so which is ridiculously low...
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member

Thanks for the advice man. Im thinking of starting to boost my calories to around maintance next week then slowly increase it for clean bulk?

Sounds like a good plan.

I think in that case it may depend on the person and how quickly he can drop the weight for a cut....
    For me it is hard to bulk, but easy to cut....
    In OP's case it might be more beneficial to put on some weight right now, and work on adding that muscle....
    Then go for a bigger cut.

But yes, personal preference.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member

Cutting more would mean that i should get to 65 kg or so which is ridiculously low...

Don't look at weight on this journey.. Rather look at your health and physical appearance which is attractive to yourself.
    Last year I dieted to a point which I was finally happy at 8/9% bodyfat, which had me sitting at 69kg. Since then, I've bulked up to 74kg, and I'm on another cutting process (sitting at 73kg, 14% bodyfat)
    I sure made a promise to myself that I won't go above 14% again, because it's such a pest to cut for so long..