Costco

Options

Replies

• makaryan11
    makaryan11 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You are going to love costco, we buy everything there, great quality, and I would say 90% of products are cheaper than you can find anywhere else.
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Canadian as well. I typically go to Costco for produce. You can't beat their prices on produce. They also have big packs of beef jerkey, and also 12-packs of Naan bread that I use to make mini pizzas. They also usually have great prices on yogurt (greek and normal)
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Anything that you will use before it spoils, BUT, watch the price. Supermarket specials are often better than Costco. Just because Costco has it, and the package is huge, does not mean that it is the best unit price.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Apple raw ( package of seven)
    Old fashioned Quaker rolled oats ( not instant). Package of 10 pounds
    Organic eggs
    Greek Yogurt plain (Costco Kirkland house brand)
    Cottage cheese
    Pecorino romano cheese wedge
    Jalsberg cheese wedge
    Green Tea (Matcha and Oolong)
    Seasonal raw fruit ( Blueberries, strawberries, peaches, clementines, etc)
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    You can get their rostiserie(?) chicken, bacon, honey, meats, cookies, tortillas, toothbrushes, mouthwash, pads (yes! don't laugh), midol, vitamins, medicine, clothes, glasses (they're cheap!), and don't miss out on their pizza in their food court. Definitely good enough to kill the craving for only $2 a slice!! :yum:
  • mommafinnie
    mommafinnie Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love Costco usually buy my meat there then separate into what size I need being empty nesters. Don't buy a lot of fruit produce don't eat it fast enough buy broccoli and celery, chicken breast not frozen (too much salt) butter, eggs, some bread laundry soap etc. I also have an app on my phone called Flipp which you can set up with your favorite stores then type in search what your looking for and it will list it at which store who has it cheaper if your a shopper who doesn't mind going from store to store. I use it for
    Produce cause here in Canada it's crazy.
  • Brithicks
    Brithicks Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Household/paper goods
    Dog food
    Frozen fruit
    Ground turkey
    Meat (not chicken usually - better price at other stores)
    Kerrygold butter
    Coffee
    Cheese
    Smoked salmon
    Spinach
    Canned tuna
    Canned black beans
    Quinoa
    Ezekiel bread
    Kids cliff bars
    Rolled oats
    Almond milk
    Medicine and vitamins
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    There are ultra discount stores in my neighbourhood that I frequent for regular foods, like Giant Tiger, No Frills, and H & W Produce.

Since I am feeding for two, I NEVER get bulk spices from Costco any more. I won't use them up.

Costco is great for unique bulk items like Edamame, protein bars and protein powder. They have a black bean pasta worth trying, and a wafer-thin flat bread. Their snack tuna tins are great.

I am a Western Canadian, so my store availability and food choices might be different than yours.
  • Bubba1922
    Bubba1922 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    In the UK - their in-store cakes are wonderful - their sponge biirthday cake with icing is the best thing ever. Their sesame seeds bagels amazing. I drive 13 miles to Costco just for them.
  • BEVERLYSTEEN
    BEVERLYSTEEN Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My favorite's are the Kirkland brand Cashews, better then Planters or any other brand.
    Persian Salads, again yum.
  • kuroshii
    kuroshii Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Coffee! (3lb for $15 and it's not just OK it's *good*) Bathroom tissue, paper towels, facial tissues. Unsalted Mixed Nuts, canned tuna, soups. Dry cereal, sometimes. Large canisters of McCann's Irish Oatmeal.
    Sliced turkey/chicken for sandwiches that come in multi-packs so it's not all opened to the air at the same time. 2lb blocks of cheddar cheese.
    Their produce and other "fresh" stuff, you need to experiment with because it's no longer a bargain if you end up throwing half away. I get salad-makings (fresh spinach, red peppers, grape tomatoes) and bread there but not much else in the way of standard perishable unless I know I can freeze half.
    In that vein: frozen panko-breaded chicken nuggets and fish sticks, frozen Three Berries, frozen french fries.
  • healthy_hermione
    healthy_hermione Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    skinnypop
    string cheese
    block of cheddar cheese
    chobani
    fruit
    all natural peanut butter
    cheerios
    toilet paper
    bread
    dog food
    kirkland moisture shampoo and conditioner
    gillette floss
    beans/chili

ugh i love costco. there's a lot of good stuff that i know i'm missing on my list.
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I love Costco. Sirloin & rump steaks (not cheap but worth every penny), US thick pork loin chops, extra lean Angus minced beef, fruit & veg, thick cut Danish bacon, dry cat food, cases of bottled water, workout clothes on occasion, canister Options hot Choc powder, tinned tuna, Kirkland beef hot dogs, washing liquid, aluminium foil rolls, toilet paper, paper towel, roast chicken...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    You all sold me with the coffee part, lol!
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I LOVE shopping at Costco. I usually buy:

-kirkland frozen turkey burgers (they also have really good frozen salmon burgers but the turkey burgers fill me up more)
    -Those 100 calorie flat breads (freeze and thaw well)
    -kirkland greek yogurt
    -honey
    -peanut butter
    -kirkland chocolate chips (I snack on these.)
    -snapea crisps
    -provolone cheese
    -cereal
    -hot sauce
    -coffee
    -protein powder
    -olive oil
    -multi vitamin
    -krill oil
    -toilet paper
    -kleenex
    -sandwich baggies
    -laundry soap
    -dishwasher soap
  • kuroshii
    kuroshii Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Part two, inspired by rereading:
    Kirkland Greek yogurt in the large tubs, which I dish out into small Rubbermaid containers along with the aforementioned Three Berries to make my own fruit-on-bottom yogurts with far less sugar.
    Kirkland brand peanut butter *rocks.* Two giant jars for somewhere around ten bucks, and it's all-natural without feeling the need to be labelled as such. No added sugar or oils or ANYthing. Just peanuts and a bit of sea salt. All this means is that it will separate, but stirring (or storing it in the fridge) takes care of that.
    Canned beans, found in the same aisle as the soup.
    Craisins. Almonds and/or walnuts from the baking-stuff aisle not the snack aisle so there's no salt added, but I have a hard time finishing those before they start to go stale (even with storing inside airtight containers) so I don't get them all the time.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    paper products
    chicken breasts
    coffee
    protein powder
    socks

• zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Don't forget about Costco online too! Got my elliptical and fitness band online!
  • zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    And gas.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I noticed last night my Costco now has calories listed on the food court menu board. I don't know how right they are. It said the pepperoni pizza had fewer calories than the combo or cheese slice. I guess it's possible. A churro is over 500, I think. Yikes.