Allergic to exercise now totally addicted!!

Options
Just wanted to see if anyone else gets like me if I can't for whatever reason get my run in.

I swear going back a year the shear mention of a run would literally scare me, i'd have done anything to avoid it but now after loosing 3stone I got the confidence to start running with my dogs this febuary and haven't looked back, i'm half way through a half marothon training schedule but now its all I can think about, Where will I go, What time will I fit it in and oh god forbid I can't go for whatever reason, I get very uncomfortable, miserable and grumpy and am scared to eat in fear that the next morning i'll be fat and unfit again.

It worries me now that I will I always be like this, worrying I could return to my former fat self! Will I ever relax?

Replies

• Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Yup, that's me. Who'd have thought???? I'm going soon, just waiting for lunch to settle. I would normally go earlier on Saturday, but I had to work today, so it's an afternoon run! It's all good, it's absolutely beautiful out there!!! Little warmer than morning, but I'm ok with that!

Good luck on your 1/2... my first will be in September, so I'm training now!
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you'll relax (as I haven't after my 3 months at goal and running!) but I definitely share your running addiction!

I find myself looking at the ground when i'm walking and decide whether it's good running ground or not and when I listen to music I hear the beat and decide if I could run to it.... it's crazy!

A pretty nasty injury has me laid up for the past 3 weeks with a few more left to recuperate and I get so antsy now that I can't get out there and go!

I love it because people who didn't know me when I was fat and very lazy, refer to me as a crazy fit person... I LOVE this description! lol If only they knew how before I could go for days and days without leaving the couch!
  • kieraellie
    Options
    Hi,
    I don't do running because I have bad knees, but I am exactly the same as you, this time last year I would go on a long walk with the dog for about 6 miles 2 3 times a week, and the thought of the gym and exercise, other then dog walking, was a huge no go area.

Now I have been referred to the gym since March, been going twice a week and absolutely love it!! because of having children i find it hard to go, but i am determined and call on my Gran who's in her 80's to look after my 7 & 4 year old, just to get my fix!!
    I have also started doing Zumba, Boxersize, aerobics and pilates once a week and if I don't go I worry how I'm going to make up for missing one! I am dreading when these lessons stop because they are free for so long then stop, part of a government scheme!

But I too worry about worrying about missing them and making up for it and Don't want to get back to my old self and oh the list goes on!!!!

959484.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • mwfannwy
    mwfannwy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm glad its not just me, even on my days off and I walk the dogs I stomp it out like a woman on a mission and I can't go any less than 3 miles minimum , I have no idea why its 3.
    I actually like it when people pass by now and don't recognise me :laugh:
  • mwfannwy
    mwfannwy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I worry that my anxiety might ruin a holiday or something though.
    Also I'm an army wife and next april my husband will be in afgan for 6 months so i'll have no-one to watch the kids for me so i can get out!!!:sad: