Any one doing South beach?

Options
I have been doing South Beach for a couple of months but right now it is going very slow.. too slow & that's why I'm here. I am wondering how others seem to doing here counting. I lost quite a bit just counting calories at 1st then switched to SB. SB is easier but sure slow for me.
Thanks for any & all replies.

Replies

• DizsJourney
    DizsJourney Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi, Ive been doing south beach since April 1st. I am still in phase 1 and will be starting phase 2 on June 1st. I find that my weight loss is still moving pretty quickly, but i expect it to slow somewhat once i start adding more carbs in. Maybe double check what you are eating and make sure they are all SB approved foods. Sometimes we kinda slip and dont realize it. make sure you are drinking a ton of water and getting in some type of physical activity. I honestly hadnt planned on counting calories, but I find that a lot of days I am not eating enough acccording to MFP, so i will add in some extra protein or veggies with my meals. This may also be happening with you on SB. its very easy to follow the plan but not get enough calories each day. hopefully at least one of these suggestions will be helpful to you! :-)
  • tiphanyrenee
    Options
    Are you doing the cardio/walking with it, or just following the diet? You need to be getting atleast 30 minutes of cardio in a day and if you are doing that, try adding cardio circuits and weight training. Also, you could go back and do Phase 1 again for two weeks if need be... I would definitely try adding more exercise to see if that helps and really watch the carb intake.

Hope this helps some.