Losing inches!!

Options
I have done Jillian michaels six week six pack for almost 4 weeks now and all I drink is water and eat healthy and I have never done that. I've lost 7lbs but should I have lost more by now in 4 weeks? I can tell a big difference in my legs and stomach but no weight is going anywhere now do you think it's muscle!?

Replies

• BCallaway23
    BCallaway23 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    zd7rb7cbv5td.jpg
    epk2hac6b5ix.jpg

Here are some pics!
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    What an improvement!!! Gosh, I'm stuck wondering why you're even concerned about the pounds, just look at you!! Clearly you're doing great, don't sweat the idea that you "should" have lost more on the scale.
  • BCallaway23
    Options
    Thank you so much! I am very happy with results so far I guess I'm just anxious to get back to my old weight before I had my little girl lol
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    7lbs in 4 weeks is a very good loss for someone your size, normal BMI.
    You say you are eating healthy, but are you counting calories?
    Eating at a deficit is what you need to lose weight. Aim for 1 lbs a week. Exercise is good for your health and contributes to re-sculpting your body, but is a minor player in weight loss.

Your body is showing visible changes.

Cheers, h.
  • BCallaway23
    Options
    Thanks so much and yes I count them everyday on here :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Ignore the scale, or at least just go with what it says over time. Inches off FOR THE WIN! Scale number will fluctuate daily, the tape measure tells the true tale, for sure.

Honestly, I went about six months without any change on the scale (up and down the same 2-3 pounds during that time), but in that time I dropped a full size.

• michelletowle52
    michelletowle52 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Be very proud of what you've accomplished already. Remember it took nine months to nourish and grow your little girl weight gain is expected in that duration so don't worry it takes time for some of us to get our bodies back to how they once were. Well done so far keep going slow and steady you'll get there
  • minamina27
    minamina27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wow, I hope my next 7lb loss looks as good as that! Keep doing what your doing and don't worry about the numbers.
  • BCallaway23
    Options
    Thank you all so much I'll def keep it up and forget the scale for sure and only weigh myself maybe once a month.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    When you're in the normal BMI range, the scale often shows changes much more slowly than it would otherwise.

Try not to get too hung up on a specific number. You can look much more fit at a higher weight if you preserve enough muscle as you lose. Take pictures on a regular basis & measure, too, if you can.

This image tends to show up to illustrate the "looking more fit at higher weight" idea:
    fat-muscle.jpg

~Lyssa
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    What more would you expect in one single month?