1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4 teaspoon coconut extract or imitation coconut extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips or finely chopped chocolate
2 tablespoons trans-fat-free white chocolate chips or finely chopped white chocolate, such as Sunspire

Preparation
Position racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 250°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats.
Beat egg whites, cream of tartar, coconut, almond and vanilla extracts and salt in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until combined. Gradually beat in sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating until stiff, shiny peaks form, 6 to 8 minutes.
Sift cocoa over the mixture and gently fold together with a rubber spatula until combined.
Spoon the meringue into a gallon-size sealable bag (or pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch tip). Seal the bag, pressing out as much air as possible. Cut a 1/2-inch hole in one corner of the bag. Pipe the meringue into 2-inch circles, about 1 inch apart, on the prepared baking sheets.
Bake on the upper and lower racks for 50 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the meringues stand in the oven with the door closed until completely dry, about 1 1/2 hours.
Melt semisweet and white chocolate (see Tip) and drizzle or pipe onto the cooled meringues. Let stand until it sets.

Nutrition
Per cookie: 36 calories; 0 g fat ( 0 g sat , 0 g mono ); 0 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 17 mg sodium; 25 mg potassium.

Replies

• Kayamooh
    Kayamooh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    These look gorgeous!
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Grrrr, now I'm drooling at work.

:sad:
  • abbie017
    abbie017 Posts: 410
    Options
    36 calories?! I think you just made my week!!
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    yeah lol you can eat like 6 and still be good haha
    im @ work too.......drooling.......i want sweets so bad....
    i might stop at kroger on teh way home and get angel food cake and fat free cool whip lol
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Couldn't you just bring me some? :bigsmile:
  • kristygay
    kristygay Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am so gonna try these! Do you think they would work with stevia or splenda?