Hi I'm Tired Of Being Fat

Options
I'm new and i really came on here to lose some major weight and i really would like some support my family is not supportative which has made it hard before and some of my friends are just saying you need to do it alone but its like i dont see how i can do that any suggestions for anything please?

Replies

• Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    nah, i've found doing it with friends and family make it easier... u dont have to do this alone if they arent supportive....I've met some cool people on here who are very supportive

ADD me up if u like :)

We can be here fa ya
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    Ditto.
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    You came to the right place!!! There are soooo many helpful and supportive people here!

Feel free to add me!
  • makmyra
    makmyra Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm here for u as well as all of us MFP'ers! Add me if ud like...the support is here for u! Its awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • rnprincess
    rnprincess Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    What motivates me is looking at the message boards, and reading the success stories, even better when there are pictures. I also look for those that were at my current weight, becausse it helps me to see I am not alone, they did it so can I.:smile:
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Well, in a way you're friends are right. You're the only person who can make you lose weight. But, even though we're ultimately responsible for our own decisions on what we eat and how we exercise, there is absolutely no reason why we can't do it in the company of others on the same journey. People who understand, who can offer advice, share their own stories, be our inspirations and examples and sometimes behind us so they can kick us in behind.

Welcome to MFP, a really great place where you can find those sort of people.

~smiles~
  • Terriberry
    Terriberry Posts: 100
    Options
    It sucks when you dont have a great support system. But dont worry. We will be here for you. Add me if you like.
  • Janet39
    Janet39 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hiya Honey, I will send you afriend request in a moment.

The great thing about this site is that you are never alone ( even if you want to be , lol.)

Read through the threads in the community section and befriend anyone you feel has anything in common with you, you can support each other.

You can do it alone, but there is a wealth of information, and people here to cheer you on.:smile:
  • deesdigitaldelight
    deesdigitaldelight Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I don't have much support from family and friends and while they believe they are trying there are so many things that they say and do that sabotage my efforts and I do believe for the most part they do it unintentionally but it doesn't change the fact that I need much more support. I'm here if you want to add me as a friend.
  • Addison2409
    Addison2409 Posts: 104
    Options
    You can add me as a friend:) I do the special k diet, run 30 minutes, walk an hour and do the 30 day shred everyday. Plus I drink as much water as I can. You can do it!!! BEST OF LUCK:)
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    This site will be great for you! It makes it so you're not alone! The support and encouragement from friends helps me to keep healthy choices in the front of my mind and reminds me to keep on track all day. You can friend me if you want. And look around on the forum for some success stories to get you motivated - there's some amazing people on here!
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. Many years ago when I was married, I would try to lose weight like my husband wanted me to. When I really tried hard he would go to the store and buy many boxes of little debbies. I am the type that if junk is in the house, I can not leave it alone. Now I am divorced and can lose the weight. I have one daughter, and we are on this journey together. Also, I have a support team on here and I am also a leader of our TOPS meeting (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) If there is a TOPS near you, you may want to look into joining. It is a very good way to have support members. Also, if you would like to add me as friend on here, I woulld love to be part of your support group.
  • readytodrop60
    Options
    You've taken the first step. MFP is amazing! I don't know any of my friends on here personally, but they keep me motivated and congratulate me on my achievements and seeing theirs is great motivation too. My situation is a little different. My family supports me but they are a thousand miles away. I don't have anyone in my face telling me to eat healthier or start moving, but I log in everyday and have a small community of friends who I feel accountable to.

Good luck with your journey. We are a positive community and all here to help each other reach our goals. Welcome!
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    this site has been a great source of encouragement to me and I am sure you will find that for yourself as well. At least here we are like minded. We all want to lose weight and get healthy. Lot's of opinions out there on how to do that. I agree with others, I love reading the success stories as a source of inspiration. It is so cool to see someone who started where I am at who has lost varying degrees of weight. I really feel like I can do this and I know you can too! Good luck :)
  • veggie_1200
    Options
    I totally know how you feel! Besides my sister, no one else in my family thinks that a healthy diet and exercise is very important. This is part of the reason I joined this site, and so far I've gotten a lot of support, which is great! It's so nice to know you're not alone.

If you set your mind to it, I'm sure you will achieve your goal. I would just start by cutting back on some sugar (that's my problem!) and including more natural, raw foods in your diet.

Best of luck! Add me if you'd like!
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Hey :) My family were not supportive until they saw me 10lbs down. Now they are. Sometimes you have to prove something for people to take you seriously. I'm sure you will get the support you deserve, initially from here but eventually from those around you. An apparent lack of support might just be jealousy...
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    I don't have much support from friends and family ... I don't know what I would do without all the awesome people on this site!!!

Feel free to add me ... I will do my best to be supportive through the journey!
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Yay for you making this step toward a forever healthier lifestyle change! You've come to the right place for support, personal accountability and the tools you need to be at a weight that is best for you.

Friend me if you'd like. I'll encourage and support you. You can do this, one bite, one meal, one day at a time.
  • sweetheart37
    sweetheart37 Posts: 174
    Options
    i no the feeling also , but these is the best place to join and get the support u need the people on here are just amazing ,and we have never met...u will be pleased, thank u for coming on and add me too if u like
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Welcome! this is such a great site, everyone on here is so nice and very motivating. Add me as a friend, I'd love to help :D