Down almost 40lbs in 4 months!

Options
Hi just wanted to say how happy I am!! I'm down 39.5 pounds since September! SW was 230 CW 190.5 still have 50 lbs to go but I feel soooo good! Was diagnosed in September with hashimoto's thyroid and put on thyroid meds and also pre diabetic so was put in metaformin! Liver enzymes were through the roof, cholesterol and blood pressure were high and as of this weeks blood draw all levels are normal! Blood pressure was great 110/70. I truly don't think I could be doing this without MFP it motivates me, with all the support I get from everyone! Can't wait to get to goal!! Will post pictures when I get there!!

Replies

• Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! :)
  • jennyi27
    jennyi27 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Way to go! It's always great when the doctor recognizes the work that you put in!
  • penciljockey123
    penciljockey123 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Heck Yeah. That's awesome. Being accountable with your CICO using MFP has been a huge game changer for me too. I'm down about 11 pounds in a month! I've been using a fitbit. It really motivates me to walk more and it great for my dog also.
  • Vanessalookingood
    Vanessalookingood Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the hard work. I can't wait to get under 200...
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    great work!
  • Mokikki
    Mokikki Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    That is so impressive!! you go girl!!
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Oof! It's amazing with proper medication and tracking with do. I've been tracking with minimal results, but my doc put me on metformin and spirolactone for PCOS and I'm starting to lose weight more quickly. So glad you're here and things are working. :) Rock on!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Get it girl, you're awesome!
  • Namaste_Love_Light
    Options
    Awesome progress!! :+1:
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your life style change, 40lbs gone how wonderful!
  • marymezzo
    marymezzo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Dawn--congrats--you've worked hard, and you're seeing excellent results! How wonderful to see all your blood chemistry and blood pressure back to normal!

You go, girl!
  • lynnerousseau
    lynnerousseau Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • Melmo1988
    Melmo1988 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Wow! I started at 234 and hoping to be as successful as you, I want to lose 90 lbs by December :) great job!
  • missnursediana
    missnursediana Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Good job
  • sassareno
    sassareno Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Great job! I am also on metformin but it's for helping with PCOS. My starting weight and goal weight it also very similar to yours! I fell off the healthy wagon for a little while and am trying to get motivated again. Your progress is inspiring!
  • KarenUK56
    KarenUK56 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Well done, that's brilliant! All the best!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!