blister underneath another blister

godblessourhome
godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
ouch! i have a blister that formed underneath a blister in the middle of my foot. do i pop it, peel it, neosporin it, leave it alone, what?

Replies

• emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    OK I have weird opinions about this -- but it has always worked for me. If you have a blister under a blister it is going to be a chronic problem unless you develop scar tissue and a callus there.

Personally I would numb my foot up with ice... rip the whole thing open with a pair of manicure scissors that were held over fire for sterlilzation. Then after it is open I would apply neosporin for 1 hour... and then cover with the nu-skin. Leave socks and shoes off as much as possible so that is dries up...

This will not be popular advice... but it has worked for me. Last year after a run I had a blood blister under another blister. Yes my foot looked like hamburger after ... but I did not blister in that area ever again...

PS. Check out your shoes and socks as well... what are you using?
  • LadyoftheIron
    LadyoftheIron Posts: 16 Member
    Hey there, I went to NYC to visit my sister last spring. Within hours I had HORRIBLE blisters... and another 5 days of insane walking to go.

So I started googling. I found a podiatrist's blog (which I unfortunately did not bookmark) and followed his directions to take care of bothersome blisters.

I went to the store and got safety pins, alcohol wipes, antibacterial ointment, gauze pads and bandages.

This is not the same site I used, but it is the same process under "Treatment of Foot Blisters": http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cybertherapist/front/foot/blisters.htm I used the gauze and bandage rather than moleskin (much cheaper!).

I still have scars on my feet my blisters were so bad. But it would have been upwards of $200 to walk into an urgent care. This cost me less than $20 and surprisingly I was totally pain free and was able to enjoy (and walk LOTS!) the rest of my trip. I changed the dressings daily to keep my feet dry.

Good luck!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    thanks for the advice!
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    I just got a blister on top of a swelling with a tiny callous on top from my pointe shoes (I didn't even know that was possible..) I buy blister bandages. They are of a gel-like material and you just leave them on and they totally dry out a blister.

Here is an example of what I bought. The brand doesn't matter in my opinion.
    http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=blister+bandages&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=17602781194246113998&sa=X&ei=I4D9TcHyMISusAOqzNzfBQ&ved=0CDYQ8gIwAg
This discussion has been closed.