Excersizes for specific body parts

Options
Would like to make my legs, waist and hips thinner

Replies

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, sorry. Overall calorie deficit will make them all smaller.
  • kaylaboysell13
    kaylaboysell13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »
    You can't spot reduce, sorry. Overall calorie deficit will make them all smaller.

I should've stated differently.. I would like to work on exercises specifically for those areas
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Exercises won't help them look thinner. Calorie deficit and start a lifting program.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, but you can weight train to focus on definition in your legs. Try doing squats, squat variations, dead lifts, lunges, etc. This will increase definition. Do cardio to stay "lean". Don't be afraid to lift heavy either. I used to think high reps + low weight = thin, defined legs. No. I leg press 20 reps x 4 sets of 230 lbs. (in addition to plenty of other exercises) and actually have less fat on my legs than I previously did. They appear longer and leaner than ever before.
  • lbaxandall
    lbaxandall Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Exercises you can do for those muscle groups... lunges, squats, leg press, leg curl, leg extension, etc.
  • jessicarehll
    jessicarehll Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Squats, sumo squats, stiff legged deadlifts, and lunges
  • jessicarehll
    jessicarehll Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Oh, leg curls do work. I'm used to free weights, so I missed that.

Add cardio in a few days a week with a calorie deficit, too.

You can alternate days. Cardio, strength, cardio, strength, cardio...
  • kuroshii
    kuroshii Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    These exercises will build/strengthen the muscles in your legs, but muscle does not burn "local" fat as others have said. The fat loss will come around in an indirect way.
  • vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Can't do sorry get in a calorie def.. But exercises that work legs squats deads lunges and glute bridges
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, but you can weight train to focus on definition in your legs. Try doing squats, squat variations, dead lifts, lunges, etc. This will increase definition. Do cardio to stay "lean". Don't be afraid to lift heavy either. I used to think high reps + low weight = thin, defined legs. No. I leg press 20 reps x 4 sets of 230 lbs. (in addition to plenty of other exercises) and actually have less fat on my legs than I previously did. They appear longer and leaner than ever before.
    Actually definition comes from lower body fat and that's more about diet than exercise. Also 20 reps IS high repetition and is focusing more on muscle endurance than strength.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png[/quote]