What are 5 exercises that you do in a workout?

Options
2»

Replies

• bigalfantasy2004
    bigalfantasy2004 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options
    Monday
    Squat 5x5
    Bench Press 5x5
    Barbell Row 5x5

Wednesday
    Squat 4x5
    Overhead Press 4x5
    Deadlift 4x5

Friday
    Squat 4x5, 1x3, 1x8
    Bench Press 4x5, 1x3, 1x8
    Barbell Row 4x5, 1x3, 1x8
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Yesterday:

Barbell Squat 5x5, 135 lbs
    Barbell Bench 5x5, 65 lbs
    Leg Press 5x5, 135 lbs (too light, need to up this to 150 or higher)
    Push up, 4x8
    Lunge, 3x8, 25 lbs
    Cable row, seated, 3x60

Today:

30 minutes interval plyo cardio
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    1. Cardio
    2. Squats w/ 50 lbs
    3. Lunges w/ 8 lbs handweights, bicep curl for each lunge forward
    4. Abs Express class - lots of planks, crunches, situps, reverse crunches, scissors, flutter kicks, ect
    5. Push-ups (modified/girl-style) holding the "down" position for 5-10 seconds for every 5

Help me kick it up!
    This sounds solid! But you are mixing your lunges with biceps. You will never build a solid body when you mix two body parts at the same work out. Believe it or not, most of losing the fat and toning is not on how much weight you do or how much you do in a set. Its technique. You wont build your biceps with your mind focused on your legs. Try this, Lunges, and with each lunge, Tighten your calf and hamstrings. Make it burn. Then go to biceps. Curl slowly, and when you peak, tighten them biceps. Its all about technique. And do Abs daily, for get the break. Your abs are the fastest growing muscle. You work them when you dont expect it. Just rotate the exercise daily.

Hey thanks so much!! I did the lunge/bicep mix because that was one of the things my trainer had me do, when I could still afford her, lol. I will work on your suggestions starting tomorrow after work!
    I love doing ab work, so any excuse to throw some more in just makes it better, lol.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I am quite happy with the results of the body weight complex I am using right now thank-you.

Prisoner Squats x10
    Push-ups x10
    Pull-ups x10
    Stability Ball Rollouts x10
    Stability Ball Leg Curls x10

They are all done back to back as fast as I can with good form, no rest between them. Then rest 60 seconds and repeat the whole cycle 4 times. This kicks my behind. Until my knee is complete better, I will stick with this, then I will go back a including a bunch of others in a complex, or a density workout including a bunch of on legged stuff.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    5 of my "standards" are:

Straight-arm plank - hold for 40 seconds
    Squats (with 10lb weights in each hand)
    Lunges (also with 10lb weights per hand)
    Bent side-arm plank - hold for 30 sec each side
    Reverse Lunges (10lb weights per hand).

My concern is making sure those squats and lunges are in the proper form. Any suggestions?
  • derrickmcgill90
    Options
    5 of my "standards" are:

My concern is making sure those squats and lunges are in the proper form. Any suggestions?
    Yes, a support belt. Its the easiest way to have a good form with your back. Just remember where your head goes your body will follow. So with your squats, always look to the sky, and lunges look forward. Make sure with lunges you use your legs and not your arms to hold the weight.
  • End6ame
    Options
    5 of my "standards" are:

Yes, a support belt. Its the easiest way to have a good form with your back. Just remember where your head goes your body will follow. So with your squats, always look to the sky, and lunges look forward. Make sure with lunges you use your legs and not your arms to hold the weight.

What?!?!? Don't look to the sky, you will hurt your neck. Look straight in front of you about 30 degrees up. A belt will not teach you proper technique. Learn without a belt and then only use a belt on your heaviest sets. Using a belt will prevent you from strengthening you back as much and if your form is still wrong you will still hurt yourself, potenily worse.
  • derrickmcgill90
    Options
    5 of my "standards" are:

What?!?!? Don't look to the sky, you will hurt your neck. Look straight in front of you about 30 degrees up. A belt will not teach you proper technique. Learn without a belt and then only use a belt on your heaviest sets. Using a belt will prevent you from strengthening you back as much and if your form is still wrong you will still hurt yourself, potenily worse.
    I have been doing squats sence I was playing football in highschool, and 30 degrees for your head, I said look at the sky, dont look in front, idk whos teachn you but looking up is the way to do squats. and a belt isnt to teach, never said that ither. The belt will keep your back at the position it is supposed to be to perform your squats. and Not having the belt on can be harmfull. I got my license I know little things like this. Experience showed me that trying to not use the belt does not make you stronger.
  • Lovelystrumpet
    Options
    The 5 I always do, at least 3 times a day, are:

Squats - 20 a time, 3 times a day
    Crunches - 30 a time, 3 or 4 times a day
    Front Lunges - 12 per leg, 3 time a day
    Jump Rope - usually just jump until I literally can't anymore
    Jumping Jacks - about 120 each time, 3 times a day.

Also do pilates every other morning.
  • End6ame
    Options
    5 of my "standards" are:

I have been doing squats sence I was playing football in highschool, and 30 degrees for your head, I said look at the sky, dont look in front, idk whos teachn you but looking up is the way to do squats. and a belt isnt to teach, never said that ither. The belt will keep your back at the position it is supposed to be to perform your squats. and Not having the belt on can be harmfull. I got my license I know little things like this. Experience showed me that trying to not use the belt does not make you stronger.

Mark Ripptoe taught me how to squat. I push 350lbs+ below parallel squats and pull 350lbs+ deadlifts 100% raw ( no lift straps, bar pads, knee wraps or belts). So I know a little about what I am talking about. A belt prevents you back and abs from getting stronger and should only be used as cautionary on max reps, otherwise you run a large risk of injuring yourself whenever you lift without it. And your spine/neck should remain in a neutral position; looking up is not a neutral position. 
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! To be clear, I'm not lifting weights with my squats/lunges, and am not concerned about my back. It's about making sure I engage my legs and glutes properly for them. I'm more concerned about saving my knees from harm (and, of course, actually strengthening my legs).