Does it matter what time you eat?

Options
Or should you stop eating at a certain time x

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Meal timing is irrelevant. Eat whenever you want.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    It does not matter for weight loss purposes.
  • shamburger411
    shamburger411 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter but I tend to time my meals or I find that I eat all day every day.

I usually eat-

7am breakfast
    10am snack
    Noon. Lunch
    3pm snack
    6pm dinner
    8pm snack.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Stop eating at least 3 hours before bedtime.
  • Janehds0284
    Janehds0284 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters but if to me if I eat last meal at 8pm I sometimes find myself lose weight but if I eat at 11pm most of the time I wake up and scale won't move.

But then I stop weighing everyday now. Just do once a week will actually see result.

Just my opinion :)
  • RUN_LIFT_EAT
    RUN_LIFT_EAT Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    It does not matter. However, if you like eating breakfast in the early morning or dinner at 2:00am, knock yourself out.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you can only eat between 6:28 am and 6:27 am of the next day.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    No it doesn't matter. It's so wonderful it doesn't matter. I was taught my whole life it did matter and when I found out it didn't matter, 10 pounds, figuratively, melted off.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Matter for what? It does matter when I eat, because if I allow myself to get too hungry, I have a very difficult time becoming satiated and am hungry the rest of the day. I also get crabby, sometimes a headache, sometimes light headed. (It's not glucose.) So I have to eat fairly frequently and at certain times. Each person is different in this regard.
  • OMP33
    OMP33 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    No, it does not matter at what time you eat. Eat dinner at midnight if you want to.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Title: No.

*eats cupcakes at midnight and loses 26 lbs*

65425401.png
  • lunalovegood34
    lunalovegood34 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Matter for what? It does matter when I eat, because if I allow myself to get too hungry, I have a very difficult time becoming satiated and am hungry the rest of the day. I also get crabby, sometimes a headache, sometimes light headed. (It's not glucose.) So I have to eat fairly frequently and at certain times. Each person is different in this regard.

I meant if you eat late does it stop you losing weight. I should have been more clear.
  • lunalovegood34
    lunalovegood34 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks peeps.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Meal timing is important to me in that if I don't eat at precisely food o'clock I get hangrier than a honey badger.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter but I tend to time my meals or I find that I eat all day every day.

I usually eat-

7am breakfast
    10am snack
    Noon. Lunch
    3pm snack
    6pm dinner
    8pm snack.

Kinda looks like you're eating all day every day lol
  • DawnReid04
    DawnReid04 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My Dr told me to eat 3 small meals and 2 light snacks and no eating within 2 hours of bedtime. I have yet to get it down to a schedule but once I do im sure it will help out alot.. I have 5 kids in the house so its a little chaotic around here lol.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    DawnReid04 wrote: »
    My Dr told me to eat 3 small meals and 2 light snacks and no eating within 2 hours of bedtime. I have yet to get it down to a schedule but once I do im sure it will help out alot.. I have 5 kids in the house so its a little chaotic around here lol.

Your Dr is basing this on nothing but old wives tales and continued misinformation and is wrong if he/she believes this will have any effect on weight loss.
  • andrasita30
    andrasita30 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Or should you stop eating at a certain time x

Look up intermittent fasting
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    DawnReid04 wrote: »

Your Dr is basing this on nothing but old wives tales and continued misinformation and is wrong if he/she believes this will have any effect on weight loss.

Agreed. Meal timing has no effect upon weight loss. The only valid reason to stop eating at a certain hour and/or a certain number of hours before bedtime is personal preference. Some may find it makes it harder to sleep or they experience indigestion if eating too late - but it makes no difference for weight loss. The metabolism works 24 hours a day, it doesn't go to sleep just because you do.
  • Discoqueen77
    Discoqueen77 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Actually have found that its better for you to eat prior to 9 in the evening. We tend to be more sedentary in the evenings (TV anyone?} and if you eat and don't move, you blood sugar skyrockets. This is bad for you. I have found out the hard way. After a lifetime of not watching what I eat, and when I eat it, diabetes is knocking on my door. Right now I am handling it with diet and exercise. But now I never eat in the evenings. (And sometimes I really want to!)