Miracle Noodles

Options
Has anybody heard of or tried these? The site is www.miraclenoodles.com, they claim that the noodles are calorie, gluten, wheat, fat free. They make a lot of claims and I am just wondering if any of you guys have ever heard of them or eaten them. I want to try them, bc I love pasta, but I'm afraid they will be yucky. How can a noodle be completely calorie free???That just doesn't make sense to me.:noway: Any input would be appreciated. I don't want to waste my time and money if somebody knows something about these-

I read the rules about advertising, I hope nobody gets the wrong idea, I am really just looking for feedback from anybody who has the scoop...

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Has anybody heard of or tried these? The site is www.miraclenoodles.com, they claim that the noodles are calorie, gluten, wheat, fat free. They make a lot of claims and I am just wondering if any of you guys have ever heard of them or eaten them. I want to try them, bc I love pasta, but I'm afraid they will be yucky. How can a noodle be completely calorie free???That just doesn't make sense to me.:noway: Any input would be appreciated. I don't want to waste my time and money if somebody knows something about these-

I read the rules about advertising, I hope nobody gets the wrong idea, I am really just looking for feedback from anybody who has the scoop...
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    If they are the same ones recommended by Hungry Girl then they are soy based. I purchased some. Honestly, I hate them. The texture is a little odd, and for some reason they taste a little fishy to me. They have next to no calories and I was really hopeful that they'd make a good pasta substitute as I love pasta and a full serving is not very big. I've decided a little bit of the real thing is better than a lot of the fake stuff.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    wow, thanks- I was hoping somebody would know :flowerforyou:
  • lessertess
    Options
    ok, I just went to the web site and they are not the HG noodles. These are not soy based. I'd be interested as well.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    They had these on Good Morning America or something like that last year some time and they said they were good. I have never tried them though. Here is a site I found that describes them better even the taste.

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/products/p/shiratakinoodle.htm

Amy
  • lessertess
    Options
    They had these on Good Morning America or something like that last year some time and they said they were good. I have never tried them though. Here is a site I found that describes them better even the taste.

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/products/p/shiratakinoodle.htm

Amy

The shiratake noodles are the ones I purchased. I really don't like them. I tried rinsing them but they still seemed tough to me and had an odd taste. Still, don't go by what I said. A lot of people love them.
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    they look like the noodles I bought once. if they are they are gross! i bought them at sid wainers which is a gormet food outlet near me.
  • Jen19
    Jen19 Posts: 19
    Options
    if it sounds to good to be true im sure it is, im sure they probably taste like crap..if you try them lease let us know cuz i love pasta too!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    Jenn, I know you're probably right, the old wisdom is true... they do sound too good to be true, and on their website they make reference to the "unique" texture. which probably means they taste like rubber. LOL But I was hoping for someone to chime in and tell me OH Yeah, they are amazing! But I'm glad that I asked for the input cuz now I don't have to mess around with the returns process. :wink: