Stuck

I watch what i eat...usually around 1200 calories a day on average...i workout 6 days a week...and i cannot lose over 1.5 pounds at a time...it is so frustrating...what else can i do? Ive changed up workouts...ive increased and nothing is working...

Replies

• eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Oh the old 'I can only lose 1.5 pounds at a time' chestnut, usually designed to attract comments such as '1.5 pounds a time is great!'....
  • mehaygen182
    mehaygen182 Posts: 4 Member
    Actually im just looking for tips to improve...or if i need to change my daily routine...a loss is great no matter the number...but i feel like im stuck and im out of ideas...
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    You say "at a time", how often is "at a time". Are you losing 1.5 lbs/week?
    How much do you have to lose?

This may be more of unreasonable expectation, not being stuck.
  • AngieFit_xoxx
    AngieFit_xoxx Posts: 8 Member
    I realized people are quite rude throughout their comments, I thought it was only in response to my post, but I realize it on other's too. what is up with that? It isn't helping the person and nobody asked for attitude. smh.

But anyway to answer your question!
    I know how it feels like, not eating too much and watching what you eat and working out and not seeing too much results. Hang in there girl! It takes time for your body to fluctuate and adjust. Just make sure to drink plenty of water and eat good source of foods, fruits and veggies!
    Also something that helps a lot is daily cardio and just hang in there!
    I like that say where it goes along the lines of " You don't gain weight in a matter of weeks, hence you won't lose it in a matter of weeks".
  • 3dogsrunning
    I realized people are quite rude throughout their comments, I thought it was only in response to my post, but I realize it on other's too. what is up with that? It isn't helping the person and nobody asked for attitude. smh.

I know how it feels like, not eating too much and watching what you eat and working out and not seeing too much results. Hang in there girl! It takes time for your body to fluctuate and adjust. Just make sure to drink plenty of water and eat good source of foods, fruits and veggies!
    I like that say where it goes along the lines of " You don't gain weight in a matter of weeks, hence you won't lose it in a matter of weeks".

Not much results?
    1.5 lbs a week are fantastic results.
  • AngieFit_xoxx
    AngieFit_xoxx Posts: 8 Member

Not much results?

Not much results from her statement of feeling stuck, as in she wants to be losing a little bit more than 1.5 lbs.
    Relax, I'm just answering her question.
  • 3dogsrunning

Not much results?

Not much results from her statement of feeling stuck, as in she wants to be losing a little bit more than 1.5 lbs.
    Relax, I'm just answering her question.

She may want to lose more than 1.5lbs a week but it is likely very unreasonable to expect that.
    Relax, I'm just trying to help her understand she is doing great and to set reasonable, achievable and safe expectations.
  • mehaygen182
    mehaygen182 Posts: 4 Member
    Thankx for the positive replies! When i first started i was losing 3-4 a week which may of just been water...i have been drinking protein shakes for normally 2 meals a day then a sensible dinner...maybe cut out the shakes? I am planning to up my cardio as suggested next week to see if it makes a change...maybe cut weight training down to 2 days instead 3...it may just be inpatiance or discouragement that its not more then the 1.5...even tho i know its great some weeks it just feels like im working so hard and feel it should be more...
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Thankx for the positive replies! When i first started i was losing 3-4 a week which may of just been water...i have been drinking protein shakes for normally 2 meals a day then a sensible dinner...maybe cut out the shakes? I am planning to up my cardio as suggested next week to see if it makes a change...maybe cut weight training down to 2 days instead 3...it may just be inpatiance or discouragement that its not more then the 1.5...even tho i know its great some weeks it just feels like im working so hard and feel it should be more...

Stop cutting things. Your body has needs - look to your protein needs of 0.6 g per lb of bodyweight (ideally >0.8g since you are losing weight).

Have patience. 1.5 lb/week is great.