EA Sports active 2 for wii

Options
I am looking at getting this game for the wii but haven't got the first one. I am wondering does it come with all the equipment needed. I have looked at the first game and it seems you need a strap and something else. I am wondering if you need to have these for the second one but it is not provided as they assume you have the first one? Anyone know?

Replies

• Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I've got the first one but never use the hand strap. It doesn't stay in place anyway. You can create your own work outs so I just create mine around not using that. I do use the leg strap though
  • annalobdell
    annalobdell Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have this game and it came with everything that you need. Cost me between 40-50
  • aunt_hbomb
    aunt_hbomb Posts: 204
    Options
    Mine only came with the heart monitor (leg & arm strap). You need to buy the other accessories. It's a great program. I haven't used mine in a few weeks because I've started walking/running outside, but will definitely get back to it when the weather turns. My favorite feature is the fact that you can design your own workout.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I have it for the Playstation, and it comes with two arm bands (one is a HRM) and a leg band. And a resistance band, but I swapped that out for hand weights. Not sure if it's the same equipment for all platforms.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I've got it for the PS3M, and I got the bundle pack..it came with everything I needed and TOTALLY worth it! It's very fun!
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Mine came with everything for the wii. Loved it!! Went from couch potato to this to Insanity to Chalean Extreme/Turbo Fire hybrid.
  • Lele71
    Lele71 Posts: 76
    Options
    I have the Ea sports active for the Wii and mine came with everything even batteries.
  • EmmaShorter
    EmmaShorter Posts: 298
    Options
    But what about the second game? EA sports active 2? It states on the websites that the first comes with the resistance band but doesn't specify for the 2nd edition!?
  • kd2007
    kd2007 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ea active 2 comes with a heart rate monitor (which is better since the calories burned will be more accurate) and a strap that comes around your leg so it can detect the movement. Mines came with an resistance band also for the workouts.
    This one is better than 1 to me because the heart rate monitor monitors the entire time and your calories are more reliable.
    You will need a wii board for a lot of the exercises like the aerobic ones but i dont think its required. it also has a nine week program and you can create your own programs. I use to play this a lot but i am inconsistent but when I did, i had fun and i sweated and another thing it keeps up with the total calories burned from the time you started. ITS FUN

HOPE THIS HELPS
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Ea active 2 comes with a heart rate monitor (which is better since the calories burned will be more accurate) and a strap that comes around your leg so it can detect the movement. Mines came with an resistance band also for the workouts.
    This one is better than 1 to me because the heart rate monitor monitors the entire time and your calories are more reliable.
    You will need a wii board for a lot of the exercises like the aerobic ones but i dont think its required. it also has a nine week program and you can create your own programs. I use to play this a lot but i am inconsistent but when I did, i had fun and i sweated and another thing it keeps up with the total calories burned from the time you started. ITS FUN

HOPE THIS HELPS

I never used the wii board.
  • kd2007
    Options
    for some games on the ea active 2, you can use the wii board but i am not sure if its required, i know its not required for the aerobics parts, or the basketball, or soccer because i played it yesterday without the wii board...it can also be used as a scale to get your weight, but you can manually put it in
  • EmmaShorter
    EmmaShorter Posts: 298
    Options
    I have ordered one. Can't wait for it to arrive! Hope it comes today. Sounds great! Got less than 9 weeks before my wedding and honeymoon so is there a shorter challenge type of thing? Woo! Got more time in the evenings now so will try and play as much as i can!
  • kd2007
    Options
    yes. you can create your own exercises and what i realized is this from playing it the last few days...the heart rate monitor with the game may not be as accurate as i thought...i say this because i have a heart monitor watch and I believe my heart rate monitor watch is more accurate. At times i feel i am about to fall out from working out and the game would say my heart rate is at 101 but my watch would say 156, thats a big difference. i bought my watch from walmart for thirty bucks i am not saying that this will happen, but this is MY experience with it. Also, the personal trainer will have a program for you thats less than 9 weeks, i emphasize the moves to make my heart rate go up...like adding arm movement. i also played it without the wii board even though i have one.
  • DragonSkip
    DragonSkip Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    yes. you can create your own exercises and what i realized is this from playing it the last few days...the heart rate monitor with the game may not be as accurate as i thought...i say this because i have a heart monitor watch and I believe my heart rate monitor watch is more accurate. At times i feel i am about to fall out from working out and the game would say my heart rate is at 101 but my watch would say 156, thats a big difference. i bought my watch from walmart for thirty bucks i am not saying that this will happen, but this is MY experience with it. Also, the personal trainer will have a program for you thats less than 9 weeks, i emphasize the moves to make my heart rate go up...like adding arm movement. i also played it without the wii board even though i have one.

I've read that alot of people are having problems with the heart rate monitor not being positioned right. I had to adjust the strap that has the sensor to make it match where it needed to be. You can look on the inner strap and see the sensor. What I don't like is that it doesn't take your heart rate into consideration really on your calorie burn.
  • kd2007
    Options
    yea..i found that out too once i got a heart rate watch and ea active didn't keep it in sync as much so i just use my watch its fun to do
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Eh, I have it.
    Comes with everything.
    The resistance band will kick your *kitten* though.
    It's way cheap.
    Actually, I don't really like the game.
  • Eve1972
    Eve1972 Posts: 297
    Options
    I love it! I use 5 lbs weights with it and put together my own hour long workouts (Warm up, cardio, upper body, cardio, lower body, core, cool down.) I burn between 500-600 calories a go.