Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Sweating for the... Baby

Hello everyone! I am overweight, BMI 33 and trying to lost weight to have a healthy pregnancy. I've jade 3 miscarriages so far and doctors can't find a physical problem so decided I needed to try and lose. I am currently 170 and don't want to conceive until I hit at least 150 which would put me in BMI 30.

Anyone else losing weight for pregnancy purposes?

Replies

• kbishoprn
    kbishoprn Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, I'm somewhat in the same boat. I'm overweight and pregnant. Was about 200# when I got pregnant. I am on here to not really lose weight (at the moment) but to have a healthy pregnancy. I wish you the best of luck.
  • shadylane88
    shadylane88 Posts: 1 Member
    Im also sweating for the baby! I was pregnant last year but i miscarried early on. I really want to be healthier and try again. I dont have any kids yet, but this could be my year. *fingers crossed*
  • ForBabyW
    ForBabyW Posts: 9 Member
    Good luck to you both! I don't knew how to add people or I would for motivation!
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Sort of. We hope to start TTC in a year, so I'm wanting to be in peak physical condition. I'm already fit and strong but I'd like to drop my body fat percentage a bit more. I've also been cutting back on alcohol.
  • mandalitt
    mandalitt Posts: 10 Member
    I'm also trying to lose weight before getting pregnant! My husband and I will begin TTC in a couple of months. We don't have any children yet and are trying to make better choices now for a healthier future for all of us. Feel free to add me :)
  • Katie_Y89
    Katie_Y89 Posts: 330 Member
    Imy very sorry to hear about your loses. I had a miscarriage before having my daughter.
    Good luck to you and I hope you reach your goal and achieve a healthy pregnancy!!
    Feel free to add me!
  • ForBabyW
    Thank you everyone! I don't know how to add so if anyone wants to add me for motivation be my guest!
  • lizetrombley
    lizetrombley Posts: 28 Member
    This was me 3 years ago. Was 200 pounds and had 8 miscarriages, i went down to 170 got pregnant and had a healthy baby. I gained only 5 pounds during pregnancy due to morning sickness...
  • Heidy1992
    Heidy1992 Posts: 7 Member
    I have been trying for a while with no success. So I'm trying to lose weight to see if that helps. Add me I need support and I'm sure I can/will support yall too!!
  • ForBabyW
    So nice to hear ladies who know what the struggle is like. We can all do this!!
  • asakeba
    asakeba Posts: 4 Member
    I feel your pain.I'm in the same boat. The weight loss is really slow. It's taken me a month so far to loose 5lbs :( but i'll soldier on. Good luck
  • CFoust72591
    CFoust72591 Posts: 62 Member
    I'm looking to lose weight before my husband and I TTC in June. It will be our first try, and I want to be as healthy as possible going into it! Feel free to add me! Also, my goal is 150 as well, currently down to 166