Counting drinks

Options
Do you add everything you drink during the day to your food diary?

Replies

• vinlop
    vinlop Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If I drink anything besides water, I add it. I try to be very limited on any other drinks, but occasionally I'll have a drink with friends, and I will definitely add it since it has calories. :drinker:
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Yes I do.I drink green tea alot so I always add that,and when I'm craving soda or somethng,I always log it...
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I include coffee, tea, juices, milk and alcoholic beverages.
  • JRRCLR
    JRRCLR Posts: 353
    Options
    I only add drinks with calories...I don't log diet soda. I know there's sodium and such but I really only worry about calories.
  • teressaholman
    Options
    Absolutely. You'd be amazed at the number of calories in everything from milk, to wine, to a really good Bloody Mary, haha. If you're not putting them into your diary, then there's no way your counts will be accurate. Of course, it's hard to find "exactly" the same drinks sometimes, since everyone makes them different. I always choose the ones that seem equal to, or a bit higher in calorie content just to be safe.
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    Yes, unfortunately :O( Those things can really burn up the calories! It's best to stick to water most of the time, although I can't give up my coffee with milk - I convince myself it's "healthy" with lots of milk in it but it does add more calories. Oh well, a gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do. I've given up a lot of things in the last couple of months, but I'm not ready to sacrifice my coffee!

As you get used to logging everything and checking calorie counts, you'll start to prioritize what you really want. Like if you're hungry, you'll choose a snack instead of pop or juice because it'll fill you up.
  • jeansnpearls84
    Options
    I only add drinks to the food diary if there are calories in it. I drink lots of flavored water that has no calories or sodium, and I just leave those out.
  • Addison2409
    Addison2409 Posts: 104
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I drink so much milk and I'm trying to replace that with water because of all the calories.
  • yessiseguy
    yessiseguy Posts: 116
    Options
    I cut my intake to 1200. I know it sounds like little but so that my weight can stay the same and never
    fluctuate (hopefully) the intake must be 1400.
    The extra 200-300 cal I count as drinks but do not log unless its alcohol which is very rare.
    The works for me so that I will not be worried about logging that also. You can also just add
    random calories in case you overdrink something sugary.
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Yeah I try to log everything, except when I've been on a night out and lost count of the bottles/glasses/shots drunk but this has been a rare occurance in the last 6 months.
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I only drink water, black coffee the occasional diet pop (rare) and alcohol. I don't bother adding the water, i try and remember the coffee but it's only a couple of calories so it's no harm if i don't but i always add the alcohol and diet pop.
  • DBabbit
    DBabbit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I log everything. I especially log my water intake because I'm not used to drinking it and I get that "yay" factor in when I hit my 8 glasses. :laugh:
  • stephn1
    stephn1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If it has calories you have to add it or your calories count will not be correct. If it doesn't have calories then you can just add it to the water intake. I drink unsweetened tea zero calories. But my coffee has 60 calories I add that to my breakfast food log.
  • Luthorcrow
    Luthorcrow Posts: 193
    Options
    The best thing you can do for your diet is make water you drink of choice and drink as little of anything else, even if it has no calories. Drinks with calories are really easy way to blow your diet and diet drinks will keep your taste buds trained to sweeteners that are sweeter than sugar and much sweeter than fruits which will make natural foods taste less good because your craving crazy levels of sweetness.
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I add it, I have a separate section on my Diary just for beverages. I was a pretty heavy drinker before I started trying to lose weight so I thought it was important.