Need pounds gone by June

Options
Hi. I have been on MFP before but have recently just signed up again. I have a goal of 40 pounds total I need gone but would love to lose at least 20 to 25 by the time my vacation gets here which will be June. This would be so much easier if I had a great support group. For the past few months I have been participating in the 21day fix program. It is a great program where you basically eat clean and consists of great work out routines but I did not have a very good support group. I truly believe that when going through this, a supporting group is key to success. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you are that person that can motivate and would like a motivating friend in return.

Replies

• bigbodybake
    bigbodybake Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Let's do it, I can try to help keep ya motivated. Add me, I have about 15 lbs to lose before May
  • CFoust72591
    CFoust72591 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want
  • xxdebbiexx1984
    xxdebbiexx1984 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Best way to lose it is drop calories down to 1200-1400 per day, 2-3 litres of water or sugar free squash per day, reduce salts, fats and sugars as well as carbs. Don't eat carbs after 6pm!! I did this and have in total lost 88lbs. I'd lost most of it in 8 months but still going although I don't want to lose it now!! Good luck :-)
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Best way One way to lose it is drop calories down to 1200-1400 per day, 2-3 litres of water or sugar free squash per day, reduce salts, fats and sugars as well as carbs. Don't eat carbs after 6pm!! I did this and have in total lost 88lbs. I'd lost most of it in 8 months but still going although I don't want to lose it now!! Good luck :-)

Fixed that for ya. Congratulations on you weight loss, but don't tout your way as the magic prescription for all people... it may work for you but that doesn't mean it is a guarantee for everyone, or that it is the "best way" for anyone but you. In fact since we know literally nothing about the OP except gender (height, current weight, age, activity level, and so on) your advice is potentially dangerous, honestly.

Don't eat _____ {insert any food} after ______ {insert any time} is bunk as well. Meal timing has zero effect on weight loss. It's HOW MUCH you eat, not WHEN you eat it, that determines your weight loss. The only real reason to restrict what time of day you eat any particular kind of food is if it gives you indigestion or bad dreams. Also advisable is to not eat when you're asleep. Past that, the easiest and most sustainable way of eating is the one you find that is sustainable for you. People find success when they stop making it difficult with arbitrary and unnecessary rules and limitations, and figure out what they can reasonably do for the rest of their lives.
  • joysho69
    joysho69 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for stopping in and taking time to post. My main goal is I need to surround myself with people who are doing the same as I am to keep me in it. I have actually had success on the 21day fix and as matter of fact, when I do decide to slack a little and have a food cheat, I don't enjoy it and can not even finish it. Mostly what I am having problems with is getting that motivation to want to do my workout. But if I see people doing it all the time, I will feel obligated to do it. That is the type of person I am. Thank you to the ones who have offered an "add" and to the ones that have added me. I think I have also found a great group to be in.
  • MPJDVM
    MPJDVM Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've got about the same goals.

Lose about 40lbs total...20 by June is a 1/2 goal. I *re*started my efforts Jan 1. My plan involves: track EVERYTHING I eat on MFP (by holding myself accountable, I don't put as much in my mouth). I plan to do at least 2 complete workout programs this year ( I have a few Shaun T and Jillian programs .... And I've embarrassingly never finished ONE - ugh). Also, there are a few 5Ks and races in my town I want to do. I used to run a LOT, and want to get back to where it is easy.

So far I am down ~5lbs and just started the second phase (Beta) of T25. They say the hardest part of working out is lacing up your sneakers... Is about right for me.

So, let's cheer each other on and feel better physically and mentally by June. Feel free to add me! :)
  • jseltzer108
    jseltzer108 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have similar goals. I want to lose 30 pounds by May. I'm really having trouble staying motivated. Any ideas? Feel free to add me :)
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    MPJDVM wrote: »
    I've got about the same goals.

Lose about 40lbs total...20 by June is a 1/2 goal. I *re*started my efforts Jan 1. My plan involves: track EVERYTHING I eat on MFP (by holding myself accountable, I don't put as much in my mouth). I plan to do at least 2 complete workout programs this year ( I have a few Shaun T and Jillian programs .... And I've embarrassingly never finished ONE - ugh). Also, there are a few 5Ks and races in my town I want to do. I used to run a LOT, and want to get back to where it is easy.

So far I am down ~5lbs and just started the second phase (Beta) of T25. They say the hardest part of working out is lacing up your sneakers... Is about right for me.

So, let's cheer each other on and feel better physically and mentally by June. Feel free to add me! :)

If you want some motivation for working out / running I suggest joining a local running group. I stumbled across the local chapter of a nationwide group called Moms Run This Town / She Runs This Town (they're in the process of changing the name to include ALL women not "just" moms) and I can't tell you how fantastic, supportive, encouraging and most of all MOTIVATING it has been to be a part of it. Might be worth checking to see if there's a chapter in your area!
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Best way to lose it is drop calories down to 1200-1400 per day, 2-3 litres of water or sugar free squash per day, reduce salts, fats and sugars as well as carbs. Don't eat carbs after 6pm!! I did this and have in total lost 88lbs. I'd lost most of it in 8 months but still going although I don't want to lose it now!! Good luck :-)

I agree with this + reduce or eliminate dairy and bread the final week before your event. I lost about 40 lbs in 6 months this way.