weights/calories burned

Options
hey all just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with entering calories burned doing strength training? its straighforward with cardio but i cant find how to manually input the cals i burn on my handweights programme!

Replies

• marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    enter it as cardio...

there are options for circuit training or callisthenics, or you create your own exercise and enter the number of calories burned from your HRM
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    enter it as cardio...

there are options for circuit training or callisthenics, or you create your own exercise and enter the number of calories burned from your HRM
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I was having the same issue today! Thanks for the help!
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I don't do a lot of muscle training, so I dont belong to a gym, but I do situps, push ups, etc.

I enter the reps,but not the calories... so it's a little extra surprise when I step on the scale. :)
  • BeastModeAlways
    BeastModeAlways Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    As stated, enter as cardio.

There is a cardio entry for heavy weight training. Personally I would consider that to mean big lifts such as barbell squats, deads, etc...
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    The cardio section has an entry for Strength Training, this is general gym type lifting but not heavy weights like 5x5 or body building weight lifting. I had to manually enter my Heavy Weight Training in cardio. If you are doing more like crunches or resistance moves with no weights, I'd list it as calisthenics instead of strength training. I'm basing these judgements on what I was taught in my exercise physiology classes for using a METs chart because MFP appears to be using a similar METs chart for their entries.
  • alyseleri
    alyseleri Posts: 6
    Options
    thanks guys thats really helpful:-)