Crappest food intake ever feeling embarrassed!!

Options
I didn't realise people on here can view your food diary

Replies

• stretch002
    stretch002 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    stretch002 wrote: »
    I didn't realise people on here can view your food diary

#feelingembarrsed#
  • FiNnY22
    FiNnY22 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    haha is it that bad?
  • Melmo1988
    Melmo1988 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    You can set it to private.
  • stretch002
    Options
    Oh can you how do I do that xx
  • stretch002
    Options
    Yes it is that bad read it
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    The default is closed. If people can see, it, you have made it public. If you don't want to be embarrassed that people can see it, I'd suggest:

a) not making it public;
    b) not starting threads about how embarrassed you are that it is public; and
    c) not inviting people who post in your thread about how embarrassed you are that it is public to go and have a look for themselves.
  • stretch002
    Options
    Thankyou for those wise words
  • Itisibigj39
    Itisibigj39 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    The default is closed. If people can see, it, you have made it public. If you don't want to be embarrassed that people can see it, I'd suggest:

a) not making it public;
    b) not starting threads about how embarrassed you are that it is public; and
    c) not inviting people who post in your thread about how embarrassed you are that it is public to go and have a look for themselves.

Well said
  • stretch002
    Options
    Nice
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    What's with the inappropriate flagging? #yourusingthemwrong #rules
  • stretch002
    Options
    Has anybody considered that I'm new on here and don't quite understand the workings of this site yet???!!!! Wish that was all I had to worry about. Came on here for support NOT AGRO. Nice !!!!!!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Hon, if you would like someone to have a look at your diary and give feedback, you just need to ask. If you want to vent about the food you eat and get some advice or support, you also just need to ask.

Lots of people start threads asking others to review their diaries and give feedback. You don't need to pretend that you didn't know it was public and do the whole "omg, that's so bad, don't look! no, really, please don't look!" thing to get people to engage with you.
  • stretch002
    Options
    Oh my lord. I don't actually know what to say to that Unbelievable.
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    stretch002 wrote: »
    Oh my lord. I don't actually know what to say to that Unbelievable.

The directness of the MFP boards can be overwhelming at first. People can expect more of a Facebook style love-in, but that's not how it ends up.

Embrace people's honesty and experience here and your food intake will be less crap before you know it.
  • marmitebirdie
    marmitebirdie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow some judgemental people on here! We are all part of the same journey, We are on here as we want to be healthier!!! So embrace someone for messing up on one day,its not like we all eat perfectly ALL year round!!! Shame on those accusing her of attention seeking. Negativity helps no one
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    To be fair, if her diary is open she would have had to open it. Acting suprised that it is open is kind of wierd. But to each their own. Good luck in your journey OP. My advice is to dip one toe at a time in the forums to develop a thick skin and avoid chit chat and games til you have become immune to wierd and monotonous.
  • marmitebirdie
    Options
    could be a genuine mistake, as none of us know her personally (ive added her so hopefully will be able to get to know a bit) we cant assume either way. Good luck on urs too. I want everyone to do what they can and hopefully enjoy the journey. I have low days where i eat bad and feel awful but i have a friend on here who is dieting too so we vent. Maybe ppl need these forums to vent if theres no one around to talk to. Good luck everyone! :D Peace x
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    could be a genuine mistake, as none of us know her personally (ive added her so hopefully will be able to get to know a bit) we cant assume either way. Good luck on urs too. I want everyone to do what they can and hopefully enjoy the journey. I have low days where i eat bad and feel awful but i have a friend on here who is dieting too so we vent. Maybe ppl need these forums to vent if theres no one around to talk to. Good luck everyone! :D Peace x

oh honey you're in for a rude awakening! This is one of the nicer, gentler forum settings on the internet. At least no one is going out of their way to be nasty (although it seems you think they are). Buckle up!
  • marmitebirdie
    Options
    I dont need to toughen up miainly cos its not aimed at me. Like i said i talk to my best friend who is on the same weight loss journey as me. Also a great believer in "if u cant say anything nice" the comments upset her so I thought they were unnecessary. Im a sunshine person, water off a ducks back and all that so thanks for the heads up but I'm fine :P
  • thiosulfate
    thiosulfate Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Your diary is set private by default. You have to literally have to change settings to open it up, which implies you knew it would be opened. Unless of course, you didn't understand what MFP meant by this: 8a06f45d4f.png