anyone using advocare? thinking about it. suggestions...results?

Options
Advocare

Replies

• xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    All you need is a calorie deficit to lose weight. What are you expecting Advocare to do for you?
  • boilerscholl
    boilerscholl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just finished a 24 day challenge before Christmas and have been maintaining since. I am an Advocare advisor and this is how I look at it. You are right, you don't need anything extra to lose weight. However, I still struggled to break through my plateau with what I was doing on my own. I have now lost 18 lbs in about 60 days. The meal shakes help me, the spark has gotten me off of sodas, sweet tea and coffee 100%. Haven't had any of those in 60 days. I drink one spark in the morning and water the rest of the day. And I also use some of the workout supplements. Let me know if I can help in any way.
  • doosalily15
    doosalily15 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Help a very sluggish thyroid....
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Advocare won't fix a sluggish thyroid, it's an expensive protein shake with cheap vitamins. If you have thyroid problems you need to see a doctor and consider medications.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Advocare won't fix a sluggish thyroid, it's an expensive protein shake with cheap vitamins. If you have thyroid problems you need to see a doctor and consider medications.

Usmcmp is spot on.
  • doosalily15
    Options
    I'm on thyroid med. I said help not fix. The only reason I asked was cuz a few acquaintances r on it & pretty good results. I asked Dr when she put me on thyroid about it she said it's ok But tbh it didn't work for her however her friends it did.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Will you lose weight on it? Sure - it is a calorie controlled diet. Will the extras help? sure - if you have vitamin deficiencies and they level you out. BUT - it is expensive, makes a lot of claims it can't back up and doesn't do anything a good, balanced diet and a multivitamin can't do.

You should also always be wary of any product whose sales tactic is to recruit sales people who have no basis or training in anything involving nutrition to sell it in order to obtain a discount on their own stuff. It fosters a high pressure selling environment which rewards people for adopting a "sell at all costs" mentality.
  • doosalily15
    Options
    Thanks
  • psalms2515
    psalms2515 Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    All good quality BB supplements are overpriced. Advocare is just another among many. I don't sell it but my GF does. They do go beyond just simple vitamins. They have many many "supplements". I get most of my nutrition from food. However, for an edge I do use some supplements. I recommend a strict diet first. Then if you like, start a supplement. If you have an improvement you thought was measurable, good. If you don't, then you have made a determination based on your own outcome. I can't speak for everyone else but I use a nighttime recovery and strength formula from advocare that my GF gives me. It does work...but you be the judge. Props to the people who are all natural though...to each his own.