Does anyone else...

Options
Does anyone else feel like they are a recovering alcoholic? or something?

Its funny. I'm so conscience of my decision making with food- I feel like I'm battling a drug addiction. T

Like yesterday I didn't do well. I didn't eat much but killed on sugar.

I ate a whole angel food cake :blushing: - then again I think if I'm going to eat a whole cake I'm glad it was angel .. still not good though!

Replies

• jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else feel like they are a recovering alcoholic? or something?

Its funny. I'm so conscience of my decision making with food- I feel like I'm battling a drug addiction. T

Like yesterday I didn't do well. I didn't eat much but killed on sugar.

I ate a whole angel food cake :blushing: - then again I think if I'm going to eat a whole cake I'm glad it was angel .. still not good though!
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I definitely feel like a recovering food addict and it's hard as hell but you just have to somehow find the strength and self control to eat ONLY what you need to survive.

You can be strong enough to get your eating habits in control. Just hang in there and keep plodding along.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    YES.

just yes.
  • Bride092909
    Options
    Totally agree with you

And what's worst is unlike alcohol, drugs or other addictions (that I know of) we can't completely stop eating, we will always need some food

If we asked every recovering acholoic to take just a sip of alcohol everyday how successful would they be?

98244.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • plussized
    plussized Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    A-freakin-MEN!

I have had the same struggle, especially yesterday. Did wonderfully on my calories but went negative in my sugar by 77! ARGH!

I see that you and me have similar goals, I'm going to friend you!
  • eammarx
    eammarx Posts: 56
    Options
    Oh yes I do. I sometimes feel like I need a 12 step program because of how I eat LOL

But this calorie site is really helping me.
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Yes it does feel that way but again I havent been doing so well with the changes I had made. I am trying to get back on track. Im trying real hard. I think Im almost there! i just have to start looking my temptations in the eye and saying.... I DONT NEED YOU! lol

We can do this...
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!!
    I come from a family of food addicts it seems.

I even checked out Food Addicts Anonymous online at one point. :ohwell:
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    You guys are totally singing my song. You are absolutely right, this addiction is so freakin' hard because we do have to have food to live. I started out great today, but as the day progressed, I gradually got worse, and worse. I hate half an angel food cake, what was I thinking? But I was hungry everytime I ate today, I wasn't just eating because I was bored. However, I didn't get any real exercise in today. I didn't want to go anywhere because it has snowed ALL day and we got something like 5 -7 inches added to what was already there. I did however, purposely make more trips than normal up and down the stairs. Plus, as I was folding laundry, I did a few squats. I wish I didn't love food.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Yes, your not alone:frown:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    iwantcookies_1HSDTS.gif
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    i am making way better choices than i did a year ago

BUT i still feel like every day i am battling a food addiction!

:blushing:
  • jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I hate half an angel food cake, what was I thinking?

I'm kinda glad to know I'm not the only one that ODs on angel food cake!
  • nguill6
    nguill6 Posts: 133
    Options
    I am there with you! My sugar goes negative almost every day. I've been working on it, but just my morning cereal and milk use up most of my sugars! When I drink I don't even want to know! Alcohol is like drinking pure sugar, especially the fruity little drinks I'm accustomed to.
  • cmmoreland
    Options
    yes i do feel like this too! you just put my thoughts into the right words! it stresses me out to think about it all too much...but i feel so guilty when i dont! ahhhhh!
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    I agree it is harder to not eat the sugar things. I love Chocolate and I just have to keep it out of the house. If I could just eat one piece that would be great but noooooooooo it has to be more :explode: So will leave it where it belongs in the store. Not on my hips. :laugh: But one thing said we do have to eat to live.
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    Absolutely. I know I'm an emotional eater, but sometimes I can't even pin point which emotion is making me eat, I guess I'm just so used to turning to food for everything. I'm making a conscious effort to ask myself why I want to eat when the urge hits. Even if I cave in, at least I'm getting a grip on my triggers, the next step is controlling them.
  • Robby
    Robby Posts: 41
    Options
    OMG YES! My twins wanted to go to Bob Evans for their birthday breakfast but the family had to wait while I got online to look up the nutritional content of the entire menu before we went so I could be prepared. The think I'm nuts!
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I know I'm an emotional eater, but sometimes I can't even pin point which emotion is making me eat, I guess I'm just so used to turning to food for everything. I'm making a conscious effort to ask myself why I want to eat when the urge hits. Even if I cave in, at least I'm getting a grip on my triggers, the next step is controlling them.

You said it! Most of the time, I don't know what my triggers are either. I only know that it is time to get a grip!!!!
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    It certainly does! And like someone else said above, it's not like we can quit eating. I was successful in quitting smoking many years ago but I'm such a black and white person. So it was much easier than this because I just quit cold turkey and it wasn't like I NEEDED to have a cigarette to survive (although sometimes it sure felt like I did :grumble: ).

We just have to figure out a happy balance with it all and not beat ourselves up over missteps. Besides I enjoy eating too much, I will always find room for my favorties, just not all the time. Pizza is one of my all time favorite foods and I have made healthy versions that are good, but nothing is better than a big ol' pie loaded with all those delicious fats! Although the longer we make healthy choices, the more it will come naturally and maybe some of those demons will go away! Here's hoping! :drinker: