Looking for friends

Options
evarinjr
evarinjr Posts: 16 Member
edited February 2016 in Introduce Yourself
My name is Ed, I am struggling through my 5th week on the medically supervised Opti-fast weight loss program. I lost over 100 lbs on optifast in 2007, I never finished the program correctly and gained all the weight back. I have had a few setbacks over the last 4 weeks not adhering to the optifast diet 2 times for 12 hours each time. My plan this time is to lose 70lbs on optifast, full fast protocol, (down 21lbs currently) merge to food and lose the remaining 30-40lbs with food. Hopefully between technology and the hospital support program I will be successful keeping the weight off this time.
I am looking for friends and support from those losing weight through proper eating along with those on opti-fast.

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    idk anything about optifast but I was able to lose over 100 lbs by tracking food on this app and exercising. Add me if you need support!
  • evarinjr
    Options
    Thank you, amazing weight loss congrats.
  • markyrocks
    markyrocks Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have done shake diets before, and while I love the huge weight loss that it brings, I find myself being hungry all the time. I have only just really made the decision to use MFP more, eating more real food, and less of the sugary snacks, biscuits etc etc.

I find having a shake in the morning for breakfast is good, as I dont really like eating brekky, and I find I lack time also. I aim to eventually get off shakes all together and make my own smoothies.

Add me if you like and good luck!
  • evarinjr
    Options
    Thank you for the reply. I plan on only being on the shakes another 4-6 weeks then merging onto food. From that point on i will still continue my weight loss with food. I had so much to lose I wanted a quick jump start. With these shakes after 4 days there is no hunger.
  • marquisbob
    marquisbob Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I make own smoothie for breakfast and try to stay low cal rest of the day. Good luck and stick with it, you can do it!