Giving up alcohol and energy drinks.

Options
Just thought I would write on here saying I'm giving up energy drinks and alcohol. If you would like to join me please do. Everytime I drink alcohol make poor food choices, that usually puts me on a downward spiral diet wise. Than there's energy drinks, nobody seems to fully understand there long term effects on the body so I will just stick with coffee from now on if I need a boost. Plus I can get coffee free at work, energy drinks are like $2.65 which I was paying.

Replies

• SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Im staying dry for February. Add me if you'd like.
  • BewitchedBelinda99
    BewitchedBelinda99 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up from thurs 4th, so can I join?
  • julesrules611
    julesrules611 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat!!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up from thurs 4th, so can I join?

Add me if you want. I've been dry since January 4th. It's really helped me with my weight loss goals.

• hermajestee
    hermajestee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Me too! Giving up alcohol will be hard for me. I could use the support!!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I gave both up last year. I still celebrate with alcohol maybe 3 times a year (Valentine's day me and my single friends play drinking video games.)

I don't drink much because I train hard and I get frustrated with myself if I feel tired and sluggish from drinking the night before.
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I keep a Keurig in my office, and find that running to the kitchen for ice cubes to put in my travel mug, combined with a packet of Splenda and a flavored coffee, gives me the caffeine boost, sweetness, and refreshment that energy drinks provide. I do still get amazon deliveries of monster zero ultra, because at $1.10, it's worth it to me. My mail room, however, is not thrilled with 40 pound boxes of coffee and drinks!
  • Abby2810
    Abby2810 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Been dry since Jan 3rd happy to support to keep going xx
  • miafrato
    miafrato Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I for the most part don't drink. I do have an occasional bloody mary, but not enough that it affects my diet. My problem is the Energy Drinks. I drink 1-2 Monster Rehab's a day. I don't know what the dangers are and if it could affect weight loss. I'd love to hear more about how to rid myself of them.
  • abbybrown23
    abbybrown23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I haven't touched alcohol since Jan 1st. Because of this I've kept to my diet much better as i've found I don't have the same cravings for greasy food. My social life has dipped though, I spend my Fridays nights now counting calories and watching Netflix...I think going out sober is something I will have to learn! But for now I'll keep away from temptation.
  • datsundriver87
    datsundriver87 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I went from drinking alcohol 4 plus times a week to prolly 5 times all last year, once you get over that first hump it's pretty easy to stay on track. I also used to be huge on energy drinks, if you struggle with coffee not giving you enough energy you could take b12 pills to give you clean energy, that's how I basically weened myself off energy drinks and slowly stopped taking the b12 pills so I didn't shock my system and feel like crap.
  • 6502programmer
    Options
    If energy drinks are the habit you're kicking, check out these awesome pills. Energy drinks in capsule form.
  • Q_Is_Poison
    Q_Is_Poison Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Good job! I have given up my one or two glasses of wine a few times a week and already see a difference. Also, If you like energy drinks, get the ones that have no calories in them. Glaceau makes a great zero squeezed lemonade.
  • Q_Is_Poison
    Options
    Pills are not the way to go...
  • 6502programmer
    Options
    Pills are not the way to go...

They have the same ingredient profile as any energy drink or shot, minus the drink (and calorie) part. Caffeine and a bunch of B vitamins is all it is.
  • S1na3dy
    S1na3dy Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I used to drink vodka and red bull at weekends but I've stopped that now as I realise it's not good at all for fitness (although I did enjoy having my weekend drink) starting my own family with my fiancé is far more important I'm 23 and this is the age I want start turning my life around and Iv started just got to get to goals :)
  • Q_Is_Poison
    Options
    The pills you are selling sound like a heart attack in a bottle. Please be more responsible about the advice you dispense to people.
  • MikaMojito
    MikaMojito Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Good idea! When I started my current job I had a big can of low-cal energy drink every single day, sometimes two and then decided to stop being such a poor role model for my pupils, so I've completely cut them out. If I can, so you can.

I won't be giving up booze though. I drink about 1-2 a month and that's usually a small single malt whisky for pure enjoyment. Best of luck to all of you though!
  • smalls9686
    smalls9686 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'll be dry from energy drinks and all artificial sweeteners until June. I will not have any alcohol with the exception of my birthday on March 31. Feel free to add me!

HT: 5 foot 1
    SW: 1/1/2014 205
    TempGW: 140 (6/4/16)
    GW: 125-130
    CW: 162 2/8/2016
    SZ:8/10 Pants, M/L Tops, 32FF Bra
    GSZ: 6 Pants, S Tops, 32DD Bra
    Fitbit: //www.fitbit.com/user/45R2C3
  • samsmom020108
    samsmom020108 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes! I always crave fatty foods when I drink my after-work wine. Then, I'm too tired to do anything and it effects my sleep too. I've given up alcohol on work-nights but I still have about 2 glasses on the weekend. It's made a huge difference. What I really need to do is give up the cream in my coffee. Giving up wine has been MUCH easier.