Bloat? Discouraged.

Options
Had an excellent 2-hour work out yesterday and fought through a lot of foot pain in order to increase weight on almost all of my exercises. Ran for 15-minutes at 6 mph like usual, and was really feeling the burn while stretching. I ate well, overall, and was really feeling fantastic. This morning, I woke up to a moderately bloated stomach (although my legs and booty are poppin'), terrible foot pain and some *kitten* weather to top it all off. Ever have those days where you feel like crap and like none of your hard work paid off? I get discouraged when I look at my abs/arms and see no progress even though I'm making so much effort. I feel like only my lower body work outs are paying off. Help me stay motivated!

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I have hard days. They motivate me to do better though. I'm not going to let stomach bloat, slow back/arm progress, binges, bad weather, a hate for my job, long hours, etc throw me off track. I've been fat since I was 11. I don't expect a miracle over night.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Yes.

However, if you're experiencing pain like that in your foot, you may want to get that checked. I had something similar and "powered" through it and it turned into plantar fasciitis. Took me out for weeks. Just be careful with injuries. Don't do too much too soon. Also, I question whether 2 hours is necessary. Make sure you're giving yourself rest to recover too!
  • PurpleYFronts
    PurpleYFronts Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me:)
  • boofmylumpia
    boofmylumpia Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Stubborn body fat will vary due to genetics. Overall there is no "spot reduction" method. Just give it time and you'll see progress in those areas. We all get those crappy days once in awhile but its only temporary. Keep your head up!
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Stubborn body fat will vary due to genetics. Overall there is no "spot reduction" method. Just give it time and you'll see progress in those areas. We all get those crappy days once in awhile but its only temporary. Keep your head up!

I've been trying to stay dedicated! I've lost inches all over and am almost at the "toned" and ideal shape that I always pictured, just had a bad day. You're right - we all have them once in a while!
  • MimiOfTheFraserValley
    Options
    There is discouragement - well all get it - but don't give up. It is concerning that you have foot pain, though. Please get that checked out, as Ninkyou said. If you're having that kind of pain, it could be something really serious that could be a hindrance to you. Aside from that, though, if you're doing all the work, the results will come. Some things show up sooner than others, & in time, you will see it all fall into place. Keep up the great work & you'll get there. You can do it!! :smiley:
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Be careful about the foot pain. The last time I powered through knee pain on my bike, I ended up messing up my knee and I have been off my bike for over 8 months now. Not worth the long term set back for some short term gain.