New and needing a bit of motivation

Options
Hi everyone. Kerry here, I have been on and off MFP for a while, not so good at logging my food. I started exercising again late last year and had lost about 8lbs, since then I have started a course at university and I've gained back all the eight I lost and a bit extra for good measure. I have joined a gym and am trying to get my act together, to get a balance for work, studying and having a life. So if anyone has any hints or tips they don't mind sharing that would be great. Good luck to everyone on here with your goals whatever they are. Kerry

Replies

• mstuck08
    mstuck08 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey add me as friend
  • bwaits07
    bwaits07 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Add me if youd like
  • kerchi
    kerchi Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'm hoping using this site my give me a bit more motivation to start on track
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    It's all about the diet. Buckle down on your meal prepping and packing your full days meals in your ice box and take your healthy snacks and water bottle everywhere you go. If you can, get to the gym but don't stress too much over it as you can lose if you can work on your willpower and focus on your every day food choices. You can do it!
  • kerchi
    Options
    Thanks, I am prepping meals in advance but definitely need to drink more water, will get my water bottle out, for work. just trying to get a bit of a routine going.
  • Ariillynn
    Ariillynn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm also in university so I can understand how challenging it can be to keep it together. I usually excersise between classes. I found a love in running which works good if you have lecture classes. record and listen to the lectures on your run (or other workout) and it helps a great deal. Plus it keeps you focused on something else instead of how tired you are from working out! Don't give up! You got this
  • mamaltz
    mamaltz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi you can add me. I think going to school is stressful. You will find your routine again and get back on track.
  • kerchi
    Options
    Thank you, I love running ( I am slow but I go) and I am going to book a place for The Ladybower trail marathon, (In Derbyshire) I am obviously going to be walking a lot of it, but I am looking forward to it. Recording the lectures is a really good idea, I am only at uni part time the other days I am at work, so I have joined a gym near where I work and I was thinking I might record voice memos for myself to listen to at the gym instead of music. I will try it and see, it can't hurt. Good luck with your studies and your running as well
  • kerchi
    Options
    mamaltz wrote: »
    Hi you can add me. I think going to school is stressful. You will find your routine again and get back on track.

Hope so, I've been at uni since October (part time- mature student) and I'm just trying to get a decent routine in place, it's just taking a bit of tweaking
  • abetterversion2017
    Options
    You can add me :)
  • kerchi
    Options
    Thank you