Getting back into this and I'd like some friends and support

Options
So I am working towards a specific goal of completing a physical abilities test. I was on a good track and then my Dad passed away. It hit me hard and I used food as comfort. Now I'm trying to shed those extra pounds and gain strength. I was doing it alone last time, but I realize it's better and more fun to have friends that can encourage and support along this journey. ☺️

Replies

• Armywifeliferetired
    Options
    Sorry for your loss...good luck on your weight loss goals!! Fixing to pick myself up by my boot straps and try this myself! Lol
  • sjfedarb
    sjfedarb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Kimberley
    I am very sorry for your loss.
    I lost my dad just over 3 years ago and while he was ill and since his death, I have put on maybe 4 / 5 stone.
    I have lost 3 stone but need to loose at least 2 more.
    I would be happy to try to support you.
    Best wishes
    Sarah-Jane
  • surfingmourir
    surfingmourir Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was exactly there when my mom passed away. Add other life events, and it's taken me a few years and clothes sizes to realize I need to take better care. I restarted with the new year on weight loss and strength training, a tricky balance. I will send you a friend request, as I would be glad to cheer you on in you efforts. I also need the support, so anyone is welcome to add me.
  • Kimmybobimmy
    Kimmybobimmy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome! Thanks for the sweet comments. I'm glad to be apart of a supportive and fun community.
  • FullLifeNeil
    FullLifeNeil Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Sorry for your loss! What are you testing for? One of my good friends went through the police academy process and just started last week! Feel free to add (FullLifeNeil)
    -Neil
  • talie244
    talie244 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Sort of in the same boat this will be my third MFP attempt. I had two losses and turned to food to cope gaining 22 pounds in a year feel free to add me. :)
  • MaureenCasali13
    MaureenCasali13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. I can't imagine. If your looking for support I'm on a mission as well, trying to use exercise as a comfort in place of food.
  • martinmommy
    martinmommy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your lose and I'd love to help each other stay on this fitness journey!
  • lantana411
    lantana411 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Its hard to deal with grief and loss - I'm sorry for your pain.

I too have had momentous things trigger wild eating for months/years. I've used food to celebrate and commiserate.

I've hidden myself inside an overweight body and I'm just done with it. I don't want to be overweight the rest of my life. I am so much more than my excess weight.

Many people see my talents, etc. But I'm always in this plus size package. I've been average weighted and I know the difference in how the world receives me.

But more than how others see me, I want to see me as average weighted. And that's why I'm willing to be willing to weigh/measure/log/choose healthy food. I'm also wearing a fitness/posture tracker to be aware of my movement.
  • Kimmybobimmy
    Kimmybobimmy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Sorry for your loss! What are you testing for? One of my good friends went through the police academy process and just started last week! Feel free to add (FullLifeNeil)
    -Neil
    -Neil

I'm training for the PARE test. I'm all in and giving it all I've got. Congrats to your friend. I hope to be there one day in the near future ☺️