Jillian Michaels?

Options
Jillian Michaels 30 day shred any good?

What's the best way to do it? 30 days straight? Rest 1.. 2 days a week?

Opinions will help thanks (:

Replies

• Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I think it's good. I've had it for years. I don't use it regularly any more but every so often when I want to do a work out at home I still use it.

When I'm serious about it I do 30 days straight (a lot of people seem to do 10 days of each level but I preferred 30 on level 1 then 30 on level 2 - I never got further than that) but as mentioned above recently I've just been using it sporadically when the weather is too miserable to go running.

When I first started it completely kicked my butt (I was almost 40lbs heavier then and a lot less fit). Now I can do it without too much trouble but when I do I still find a sore muscle or two the next day so I think that for me it definitely does something. I really like that it's short - sometimes you just need a quick workout to get your heart rate going.
  • faramelee
    faramelee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Ah, Jillian.....that woman hates me :D No, seriously, I love her workouts. I started with 30 Day Shred and it kicked my butt so I must admit I have many of her DVD's now. I don't have time to go to the gym but didn't want that to become an excuse so now to get out of bed, put on my workout clothes and be ready in 5 minutes works for me. This week I have done Killer Body three mornings and Kickboxing Fast Fix this morning and I did revisit 30 day shred once as well, love a bit of change! Sorry, going completely off track there! She does advise you on how to do it at the beginning of the DVD but it is going to totally depend on you and your lifestyle as to how you do it and what is going to work in regards to sustainability for you. I personally would suggest at least one rest day per week, but hey, that's just my opinion.

Wishing you lots of luck and remember that's not sweat, it's fear leaving your body (Jillians quote not mine!) :)
  • Couleesmi
    Couleesmi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • sjandsmduncan
    sjandsmduncan Posts: 10 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I've had it for ages. . But with getting busy i get to day 4.. have a rest day and it goes out the window... today is day 5.. silly but a mental milestone none the less. I have given up drinking while on it.. plus eating mostly paleo.
    For me i think 30 days straight is going to be best. Im trying to build up a habit.

Lost 1.5 kgs this first week and hubby swears he sees the start of tiny ab muscles.

Best of luck with it
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I did 2 rounds of 30ds I did them in 34 days took odd rest day was great!
  • suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is not meant to be done 30 days straight. You need rest days, even Jillian says this about it. I think the most common is people do it 5 or 6 days a week, doing each level for 10 collective days. Have fun! The shred will tone you up. I've worked out for years and still mix the shred in every so often.