No BS logging.

abbyoncloud9
abbyoncloud9 Posts: 48 Member
I'm sure I'm not the only one here that does this: logs faithfully when I'm "on track" then logging somehow disappears when I eat a calorie bomb. Its like I don't want to face the reality, but starting today, I am challenging myself to LOG EVERYTHING. If I didn't measure something out, I have to overestimate (that will REALLY motivate me to measure portions). Even on weekends, eating out, etc, my goal is to faithfully log.

Replies

• trebarkjohn
    trebarkjohn Posts: 25 Member
    Even alcohol
  • kerchi
    kerchi Posts: 15 Member
    Sounds like a challenge I should try, I am not that good at maintaining my food diary. I am over on calories already today. I am not disheartened but I did log everything, do better tomorrow
  • abbyoncloud9
    abbyoncloud9 Posts: 48 Member
    Even alcohol

Especially alcohol
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    I've got a challenge like that set up.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    I used to skip logging the bad days, then I realized that my body is going to keep the tally anyway. Not keeping an accurate log was only hurting myself. I have found that being accurate helps provide me with data. Having a day where I can't stop eating? What was my week like leading up to that? It improves accountability, but it also improves your ability to notice trends. Best of luck to you!