how to stay motivated???

Options
Ok so this is the third time im trying to do insanity!!! I did great last year i lost 61 in 4 months i was so proud. But i quit and gained 30 lbs back

Replies

• RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I don't know exactly what insanity is, it's a work out right? I stay motivated with my elliptical running by only watching my favorite tv show while running. Maybe you could do something similar.
  • Damianzmommy2016
    Damianzmommy2016 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I wish lol Insanity is a crazy Dvd work out. So i have to watch it to work out lol. Thank you though i hope to get a treadmill this summer so i can do something like you said
  • rsisca
    rsisca Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Have you asked yourself why you want to stay committed? Find your inner motivation and you will never stop.
  • Damianzmommy2016
    Options
    Yes, my husband, the way he puts me down. To think that would keep me motivated. But it dont! Ill stay motivated for about 4-5 months then lose motivation. What else can i do to stay motivated??
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Yes, my husband, the way he puts me down. To think that would keep me motivated. But it dont! Ill stay motivated for about 4-5 months then lose motivation. What else can i do to stay motivated??

That's SO not cool of him. How rude.
    But on another note, have you tried making a list of your goals? I read that if you keep a chart of your goals somewhere where you'll see it daily, it helps. I used to keep mine pinned on the wall next to my bedroom door, so every morning while leaving my bedroom, I'd see it.
  • Damianzmommy2016
    Options
    Yes that worked my first time i put my goals on the fridge lol i go to my fridge all thru the day!!! It worked for like 3 months then its like i wouldnt see the goals on the fridge anymore lol. I jus had an idea i wonder if i put a alarm on my fone with like a motivation subject?? Lol i should try it!!! Iam a stay at home mom and its crazy how i can make up so many excuses not to work out lol. I think iama try the alarm idea lol. And please if you guys have any more ideas. Please share iv tried alot of things but theres alot of things i havent tried. I think i need a motivation buddy. Like a fit buddy where we motivate each other and fitness goals ect. But its hard to find someone with open hours lol. I like to work out in the morning
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    When I stopped noticing my goal poster, I just made a new one with different, brighter colors Lol. You can always take your kids to the park and walk around the playground while they play! I'm having trouble "restarting" right now. I fell off the bandwagon, and am having trouble getting back into the groove. Have you tried looking at pinterest? Or tumblr's "fitblr" (fitness) community? It's very motivational, and when I post what exercises I'm doing/food I'm eating, I feel like I'm being held more accountable when people are reading my blog. I don't want to let my viewers down! Lol
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Don't wait around for motivation! Just do it! For you!

• Damianzmommy2016
    Options
    Daisy thats sooo true!!! Even if iam not motivated to work out i can take my son to the park!! Great idea!!!! Duh right lol ill do that
  • Damianzmommy2016
    Options
    Orphia omg i tell myself that all the time. Like i have plenty of reasons for myself to just do it lol. Its wierd tho after a couple months iam jus like ugh watever all bad lol. Everybodys different and im just a person who needs mottivation its all bad. I even you to watch the youtube motivational videos everymorning too lol
  • tara2502
    tara2502 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    What's a motivation poster /goal list - what do you put on it? (sorry probably a stupid question!)
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    You can't stay motivated in any open ended way!
    Instead work on routines & rituals that carry you through the normal ebbs and flows of motivation.
  • Damianzmommy2016
    Options
    Tara i put on mine. When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breath. You will be successful !!! Then on another paper i put, chase your dreams, and dont take no for an answer!!! Then another paper with my goals, such as loose 10 lbs this month, dont drink soda, complete 1 month work out everyday except monday. That was my motivation for awhile. Then i just put them on the fridge lol
  • Damianzmommy2016
    Options
    Thank you scolaris!!!!
  • MyBoyG
    MyBoyG Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I agree you have to want it for you, and only you. Not for your husband or friends or family. Also losing weight quickly (61# in 4 months) doesn't give you time to create good eating habits. Statistics show that people who lose weight slowly over time have a higher success rate of keeping it off long term. Diets work short term. Changing eating habits and adding a variety of exercise work long term.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    HOW I STAY MOTIVATED:

I reassess at the beginning of each month. I list what I did right and the positive results and what I still need to work on and the negative results.

Then I make new goals based on building on the positive and improving the negative.

I post my goals and keep track of them in 5 different ways.

A calendar in my bedroom, right where I see it all the time with motivational quotes and bible verses that inspire me. I use it to track my exercise goals and weight.

A calendar on my refrigerator which I use to plan dinners, make shopping lists. I plan my meals 1 week at a time and I try to pre log each night for the next day.

I have a prayer journal. I also use my journal to make monthly goals and keep track of my measurement, and "write through" my frustrations and celebrate my victories.

I have a tiny note book that I use at the gym to be sure I remember why I am there!

And of course I track my calories and get help and encouragement here on MFP.

Doing all of this keeps my motivations, goals and successes in the front of mind, so I don't get board and I don't forget what I am working toward.

I'm worried for you, though, because "my husband, the way he puts me down" is not a very positive place to start from. You really can't control other people and if he puts you down now, he probably will in the future, too, regardless of how you look.

If you really want to do this, find the reasons that are for YOU, not him. Why do you want to lose weight, FOR YOU?

• Damianzmommy2016
    Options
    Thank all of you!!! You guys are awesome. Iam going to start up monday so lets see where it goes;) and i wasnt trying to lose so much at once last time even the doctor was amazed when i last 18 lbs my first month!! I was soo proud but its cause i changed my whole diet mainly just chicken, veggies and fruits. I took phentermine pills from the doc and did the insanity workout does great!!! Jus gotta stay on it this time;)
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing this for a year and i still dont understand this question.
  • PaulMarsden1
    PaulMarsden1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    insanity is a long dvd boxed set , too long , try the new p90x3 or the new t25 which are only around a hour or less , or better still mix up any dvds you have picking sections from each one I find max of 45 to 60 mins is enough for me , eat at least every 3 to 4 hours if only some fruit keeps your body working better , think of only you stay positive you are important as you get fitter you will shine , I usedto get peole laugh wheni ran to work , but they son clapped when I raisd funds for charity in my ist halfmarathon set a goal if just a 3k walk for charity any goal is good small steps , usually people who put you down in any thing they don't understand are usually jealous because they are scared to put it out there and remember age is just a number , and if you run ound the couch your still lapping the people sat oni t
  • Nande100
    Nande100 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank all of you!!! You guys are awesome. Iam going to start up monday so lets see where it goes;) and i wasnt trying to lose so much at once last time even the doctor was amazed when i last 18 lbs my first month!! I was soo proud but its cause i changed my whole diet mainly just chicken, veggies and fruits. I took phentermine pills from the doc and did the insanity workout does great!!! Jus gotta stay on it this time;)

Hey I also just started insanity on the 8th maybe we can motivate each other to atleast do 4-6 months of insanity and this is also my third time doing this but I never finish the first month