Best Blender type

Options
I am doing the shakeology from Beachbody & I need a awesome blender! I add things like flax seeds & I don't want it to be chunky! Anyone have any advice on a awesome blender that blends everything down & even ice to make a smoothie?

Replies

• eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Best one is the one which makes the best cocktails....
  • marisalanae
    marisalanae Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lol!!! Yes agree but unfortunately I can't have cocktails..... I was going to try the ninja IQ or the vitamix. I just wanted to know what kind others have tried that blended really well!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Of course i'm going to say a blendtec, however, i'm aware they are really expensive. There's also a vitamix but they are even more expensive and not as good in my opinion. P.S. Blendtec is the same blender's are the ones starbucks uses to make frappuccinos.

in my opinion if you're going to be adding stuff like veggies/seeds it's the only one worth while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko4DVwLQTB0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NweA-ybN_Y

My recommendation, whatever you do, don't get a ninja.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You could just go to walmart or target and buy protein powders... save yourself billions a year.
    Buy flaxmeal - not flax seeds
    You don't need to spend $300 on a blender.
  • thiosulfate
    thiosulfate Posts: 262 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You could just go to walmart or target and buy protein powders... save yourself billions a year.
    Buy flaxmeal - not flax seeds
    You don't need to spend $300 on a blender.

Spending $300 or $400 on a good quality blender will last years upon years and with such a blender you can save money. You can make homemade soups, hummus, etc. and use it as a food processor. Of course, repeatedly buying a cheapo blender will cost you more in the long run because it would just keep dying.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Vitamix. How did I ever live without it????
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Vitamix. Use my every single day for a variety of things and I seriously love it. it is expensive but if you use it a lot it is worth it and you'll learn that you can make just about anything in it.
  • jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    how come the blentec doesn't have individual 20oz glasses. if it had that, i think it would be the perfect blender to get.
  • Dyskolos
    Dyskolos Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My wife is a throat cancer survivor and has had to have all of her food liquefied for the past 10 years. We tried numerous brands of blenders, juicers, etc., but ended up with a Vitamix. Because of the critical nature of her blender to her health, and our experience with other brands, we bought two - one as a spare. She is still using the original Vitamix after 9 years. The spare is still in the box.

For my flaxseed, I use a blade-type coffee grinder to turn the seeds into powder before adding it to recipes.
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Shakeology - that I'd stay away, no reason to spend money for overpriced food when you can have even better shakes made yourself for a lot cheaper.

Blenderwise - we had the original Nutribullet for a few years then Nutribullet 900 for about a year and then we tried Ninja IQ. Couldnt be happier with Ninja - so much better than NB - more powerful, easier to clean, easier to mix and ice is not problem. I've heard a lot prize for Vitamax, but it's too expensive if all you need just shakes.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    jacklifts wrote: »
    how come the blentec doesn't have individual 20oz glasses. if it had that, i think it would be the perfect blender to get.

I have the Twister Jar, which is made for nut butters and thick stuff but it works fine for individual smoothies, too. It's not the type where the blade is separate, though. Which is partly why it's so expensive. I just use it instead of my big jar because it's small to clean and to leave out.

I agree with Blendtec and Vitamix, and forget Ninja (if you do greens). And get flax meal if your blender can't handle seeds.

Shakeology is really expensive. If you can afford that, you can probably afford a good blender. Or switch to a cheaper protein powder and then you can! ;)

• avisons
    avisons Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Whatever brand you buy, make sure that the important parts are metal. I think it is called the drive shaft. In simple, sexy terms, the metal post (male part) needs to fit into a metal hole (female part). :) Plastic does not last.
  • browneyes1520
    browneyes1520 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    If I had the money I would buy a vitamix. But I have a ninja and unlike some other people on here I happen to LOVE it and think it's a great blender and I do use it for and have no problem with it blending up the spinach I put in our smoothies or anything else. I've done hummus, dips, smoothies, nut butters, soup, cocktails etc. Works fine. But like I said I'd take the vitamix if money was no option :)
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Vitamix.
  • OMP33
    OMP33 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Ninja's Single Serve blenders are pretty useful.
  • seiffertrk
    seiffertrk Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have the vitamix and love it, but it is expensive. I was at a friend's house and she had a fancy ninja with lots of blades in it. It seemed to handle ice just as well as the vitamix. My issue with that ninja model is that the carafe and covers are hard plastic and everything has to interlock perfectly for the motor to run (for safety). If one of those parts breaks, it won't run. The vitamix on the other hand will run pretty much no matter what (including if you stick your hand in it, which could be scary depending on your situation).
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Vitamix. I have never regretted the purchase. Never.
  • kies277
    kies277 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My wife was using a ninja, and I just bought her a blendtec. Words can't say how happy she is about it. Worth every penny. Makes unbelievable smoothies, amazing ice cream, and even hot soup.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I got tired of replacing my Blendtec jars every couple years so I took a friend's advice and bought a Ninja ($150) instead. I took it back after a week and got new Blendtec jars instead. It just didn't make green smoothies as smooth, it was huge, it did have to fit together like a puzzle and it was harder to clean, and scary with the sharp blades.

BUT at $150 vs. $380, it's not bad!
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I bought a Ninja at Christmas and have used it almost every day for a smoothie that includes spinach and frozen fruit. I LOVE it. It's very easy to use and clean. It was about $90.