Good morning! New-ish dieter here :)

Options
briegirl28
briegirl28 Posts: 121 Member
edited February 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi :)

I'm 282lbs., been overweight/obese my entire life, have lost 70lbs. twice on low-carb and low-calorie diets, and am re-focused on losing weight and living a healthier and happier lifestyle. :)

Right now I'm focusing on no gluten or grains, as I tend to overeat them, and watching my sugar intake, which is also a difficult area for me. My daily calorie limit us around 1,400 calories, with 40% protein, 30% carb, 30% fat breakdown.

My goal is to get to 277lbs or less consistently by the end of this month. :)

So grateful for this app/website, and for other people with the same experiences and goals. :)

Replies

• FullLifeNeil
    FullLifeNeil Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi! welcome! glad you're already tracking your macros. It was a huge key for me losing my 40 pounds. Feel free to send me a friend request and let me know how I can help! (FullLifeNeil)
    -Neil
  • thehoss316
    thehoss316 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You current macro set up is what I typically try to run! Would certainly welcome a new friend here so that we could help each other out.
  • briegirl28
    briegirl28 Posts: 121 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I forgot to add that I'm 39 years old and started this when I was 38. My heaviest weight at age 38 was 314lbs. I accidentally typed 28 rather than 38 when I created this account.

I did a cleanse this weekend and woke up to 279.8lbs. I'm super happy and I hope to I can stay in the 270s this month. My usual weight in college was 260lbs., though it was probably age that prevented me from having aches and pains like I do now. I'm just happy that I'm trying to reduce sugar in my diet and only having it if it occurs naturally or is like the 5th ingredient or lower listed on the package.

Right now I'm having problems staying energized so I took some bee pollen and will start an iron pill once a day per my doctor's order as I am borderline anemic.

It's a bit addictive, but I do chart my food on MFP, and I realize the shame I feel when I want to leave it off. I realize that tracking my food will help me to realize as much as possible which foods and patterns help me lose weight, etc.

On a side note, it's trippy hearing my stomach and having it feel so empty and sometimes loud. Lol!

Trying to start my day, but I feel like going back to bed. The fatigue is one of the biggest issues with the Weightloss.

Sending everyone on MFP care and support. :) Together we can so do this! :)